Thursday, October 1, 2009

mom



the other reason to post is its oct. 1st and this begins the month of breast cancer awareness month.  so many fun things around town and the whole country actually;  i hope you will jump in the games and help out if not for my mom for someone you know.  the least you could do is go to village tavern at the summit, if you live in b'ham, that is and drink a hope-tini!!!  you will benefit a lot there.... your husband, (you may not grip as much), your kids (whatever they want will be fine), breast cancer research fund too. its a win win.  cheers!!

we are all planing to walk and run next sat. downtown, come down and join us.... you NEED the exercise if you are going to sit on the couch all day and watch football and eat dips!!!

back to mom.... my mom is my rock in my life.  this past feb.  a couple weeks before hornets 1st b'day a routine call to mom was made (there is no telling why, as i mentioned before i talk to my mom minimum 5 times a day, usually almost 10)  and usually see her every other day- everyday in summer when we don't have mothers day out, etc.  anyway, i could tell and knew moments of time.  you know those people in your life when you can take one look or listen in my case and KNOW. well, i did. and for that time, i was driving....my world crashed down, my stomach fell threw my legs (yes, its back and rounder than ever) So i excused myself off the phone after bribing for info. and getting nothing!   (come to find out she didn't want anyone to know or ruin the hornets b'day) i called my older and much wiser brother, being the boy he is "oh nothing, just got off the phone with her (he too talks to my mom all day long....and is quite the mama's boy at 33) she was her normal upbeat self" who did he talk to?????

anyway, weeks went by....don't think i wasn't scouting.  with no unveiling though of news. but i told my hubby (he was the second call after my bro.) "i know something is wrong with my mom or dad" "my guess is skin cancer or breast for mom" well friends..... two weeks later everything unraveled and mom delivered the news i already knew.  I had my OBSESSED three year, with his lolly, thats mom,  a little hornet that was almost one year old and two weeks from delivering sweetness........ i was out of my mind!  enough about me.

 Mom has held herself together so well and i can only hope she feels as good as she lets on (not this week though, say a prayer for my mom- a tumor burst in her back and broke some bones....we are awaiting some surgery to put on the calendar soon)  Anyway, she has done as told and had surgeries and found what we believe is a "good" treatment to contain this cancer.  I feel as though you will all love my mom too after our bonding relationship on this blog gets deeper....  I will post her progress as we continue through life but as of today i pray so hard for relief for her pain, she has an mri to deliver what i hope is the info. the drs. need today- by the way we love her doctors and they are taking good care of her.    i know she too wants relief, she is a busy bee and can't stay at home or out of the loop long!   i feel in my heart that we will have cures for this terrible cancer soon and can't wait until mom is cured, until then i just wish for the best life we can possibly live to be lived by all of us!  I can remember my mom saying some things about life (picture this, we were in the black mini (thats minivan for those who don't know, an mpv at that) and i was wishing for 16 or 18 years of age and mom stopped the car and said "DON't wish your life away" and hear i am wishing and wishing..... i don't learn lessons easily and my head is hard, quite possibly where the little hornet got his- ya think?  and another thing i remember mom saying is "Amy, thats me, life is NOT a party" and i will have to say "mom, then it should be" " there is no reason why it shouldn't be"....and oh mom,  i said that in a very nice tone of voice with utmost respect so don't glare with those eyes.   Anyway, no real point except i hope our lives are a constant party (not a drinking frenzy, hoopla type party but those are fun aren't they?) but fun no matter what,  see i actually enjoy yard work, cleaning (so weird i know and probably where the monkey got this liking too) so even that can be enjoyable....turn the radio on, call a friend, dance.    so today i hope you DANCE and start your PARTY.  oh and say a quick prayer for my mom- she will be back and better than once we have back pain relief!!!

this is mom and one of her besties, mary mon.  oh and my monkey too (and jack the bunny, who still goes everywhere with us)



quite a few i know but i have quite the mom too.  seems she always has the monkey, my hornet, and now sweetness.....thanks mom! we love you.


0 remarks:

Post a Comment