Tuesday, October 27, 2009

eat-pray-enjoy the small things

whats in your bathroom while you get ready?  i get to enjoy these three framed ultrasounds everyday as i shower, get dressed and ready for the day/night (three of the best days of my whole life.... discovering all my boys were in fact BOYS!)  each time we would find out daddyo and i would go off and celebrate the wonderful news that we were still in fact going to deliver a healthy baby boy.... Babies are a true blessing!

oh and i LOVE the angel that watches over me as i get dressed, she helps me to remember they (my babies) are only babies for a short time and NOT to beat them and use ugly tones as i try to get dressed and juggle them all at the same time....because as you saw in the earlier blog... all three boys (this morning daddyo too) and both dogs are ALWAYS in the bathroom while i shower,get dressed, cook, heck even walk out to get the mail...... personal space has yet to come into play, i have 5 shadows all day long.... and i LOVE it! back to the angel... a dear dear friend of mine painted this for me at a time when i needed an extra angel in my life.  if you like it let me know, she is a great artist and can do most anything.

and in the monkey's bathroom sits a plant that his lolly gave him on the very day he came into this world... it sits in baby shoes that belonged to someone? i can't remember, but it has thrived for 4 years and going strong.... He also has a photo framed of him and his cousin kissing in bermuda and it is so innocent and sweet, i love to see it!! and miss terribly that sun suit he is wearing, do you think i could squeeze a 4 year old in that????

The little hornet has an adorable painting that my aunt gave me on my 21st birthday when i got my first furry baby, baylor, my chocolate lab.  i think it works well in his bath, don't you?

and my lil' lamb, last but certainly not least, has three cow paintings that i found this summer and LOVE... i have a thing for cows and pigs.... i love paintings of them.

our powder bath has nothing really original in it, just a pretty room- do you like my new shade? thanks hannah!   whats in your bathroom?

another shot of my bath...
i mean i think i am drawn to the color pink- pink makeup bag, straightener, hairdryer and cute little cups too, don't you think?....goodness gracious, my robe too is pink (don't worry though i have a blue one coming (with pink monogram) and that little rubber piece on my hair dryer is a "thankful for the small things" thing, it helps it NOT move an inch when i have to help the hornet get unstuck from the shampoo he has climbed into the shower to pour out (now...the dryer won't slide off onto my lil' rangers head because it stays in place) or when charlie is trying to climb up to find his toothbrush (because what better time for me to help him brush (he is a 100% boy if i failed to mention and I have to brush his teeth for him everyday, he wants no part of that scrubbing session) and when my baby ranger is pulling up on my legs to that i can't move, if i need to put it down...it doesn't slip off counter! sounds weird but my last dryer didn't do this so for this i am truly grateful..

Speaking of GRATEFUL...i should have named the post this...

  • my much much much needed aunt is here taking care of mom (abandoned her own family to do it too) which is more than i can possibly write in words A BLESSING, AN ANGEL, on and on..... we kicked dad out and sent him to work (he HAD to have a break reguardless of what he said) 
  • mom is still the same.... A WHOLE lotta pain, not much difference- nothing to write about! today is the day for major recovery though!!!!
  • oh. and what i am not grateful for is.... carpool... not to be that mom but his teachers are NOT good at reminding moms and i missed "show n tell" Does charlie care??? not in the least.  Was he the only precious angel without something to share?? check. check.  (my plate runneth over with too many things....) i blame carpool (because i don't see the moms to chat twice a day), i have a little boy who speaks of NOTHING about school, anything anyone did (everyone is always "nice and fun" in his words) (and the conversation always ends in an "oh and mommy can Thomas, John, and Kate come over tomorrow... you know mom we LIKE alabama fans too and Kate wants to come hunting with me and my daddy" And that my blog reading friends is what i get when i ask what he did at school today? so carpool, carpool, go away. Oh. and i almost missed the program which is TODAY ( i went straight from mom's house yesterday to pick him up when another mom called and said "are charlie's grandparents coming to the Program tomorrow?  no bradley and if you would not have called his PARENTS wouldn't even be there.....  i need a vacation!!!  Needless to say, monkey's mommy and daddy will be the first ones there, literally, i have an earlier advisory board meeting, and the lil' rangers will be in mothers day out and the nursery for the meeting so i can enjoy the one and only monkey in my world and watch him sing his heart out (he loves it and is very loud, ha!)

so mom is same, thanks for everything! my aunt is amazing.  will check on her again today but with the meetings, programs, 3 small children, i may have to post pone the in person visit today and try to be there for my little family.... the best part. MISS ALLIE, who i am forever grateful, is coming late afternoon and my hubby and i are beginning MY last dance at 29 WEEK, tonight we are heading to the comedy club for a MUCH needed break and laugh!!!  kinda random but we both love funny people and could use a bottle of wine.  hope you can think of lots of small things to enjoy as you start your tuesday and a couple good solid things you are grateful for too.  Ciao for now.

0 remarks:

Post a Comment