Thursday, October 29, 2009

for the love of fabric

i got to go here the other day...

 i go so often but its been awhile... i am sad to say, actually very sad, (but know my hubby is oh-so-thrilled) to be done with fabric for my happy home!
so... running a tid-bit late, as we are getting accustom to lately and which i hate, i am an ON TIME person and if you are meeting me, i would like you to be that way too please!!!!
anyway, i dropped my biggest babies off for a couple hours at mothers day out and as quick as i could dial i canceled lil' rangers appointment at the gym (yes, we have to make "playroom" appointments for them to keep the boys while i attend the gym) And me and my littlest baby b-lined to the fabric store... i walked in at the sight above and just stood there..... "hello, beautiful fabrics, i have missed you.  Please sneak into my house tonight (or ANY night) and surprise me, i will find somewhere to work you into the decor thing we got goin' on"
Trying to be timely due to my meeting and my monkey's school program and a shower (lack there of..) i was only going to go for what i "needed" i like to say needed very loosely at this point.... but i do need this fabric, i promise!!! i just HAD to stand and look and feel each fabric on my favorite isle...



linen, burlap, cotton. oh my.
sticking to my guns and time line... i snatched up a couple that seems to work well for my need and went with them (this will be for the cushion for the french antique crib of which i am using as a settee due to the fact we already have two cribs in our house and WON"T need another) if you don't remember scroll back a bit (still learning how to link all together, surely you don't mind the effort), it was one of the birthday happys i treated myself with a couple weeks back, thanks self!!!


being resourceful person i "try" to be.... i pulled the cow fabric which i used 4 years ago on monkey's daybed skirt, now a crib skirt for whitmore but.... his crib looks fine with no skirt (and cribs are short time things AND i am a little shocked i spent 38 dollars a yard on it 4 years ago.... SO SO first child- bless the other babies at my house, so i am using this fabric for the third time for something different... If i have not confused or lost you and your still reading... I am ripping this cow fabric daybed skirt now a crib skirt off as soon as lil' ranger wakes up and shipping it to my workroom and it will then become a long beautiful bolster pillow the length of the settee (which by the way i LOVE the look of this and wish i would have done it on my bed).... The darker brown will be the cushion for the settee, self corded (whitmore's window treatments are same chocolate with plaid valances so i went for plain there) and the stripes are for a square pillow to balance the look and will add a 2" flange of dark red to pull that color.. oh and i found the cutest leather looking buttons to go on the 18" pillow too!! i can't wait to tell mom but for now she can't stay awake long enough to listen to me ramble about silly things like fabric.  speaking of resourceful.. DaddyO i saved 20% too!!!! All of this done for the bargain price of 90 dollars, thats right pillows too!!!!  so no workout, settee done (or fabric bought anyway), with an hour to burn, a happy baby, and a hunger for more fabric... we cruised to another love of mine....



cutest baby fabric ever....


i pulled a couple fabrics to match the babies to what pants my oldest monkey already had and found some adorable stuff... I CAN"T WAIT to see it made and put together!!!



look at that ric-rack...it will look great around my patch on the babies bubbles...don't you think?

look at this little guy i found on the way out the door...after seeing this sweet face...i took my fabric and went home... will post on these cute outfits when done!
by the way i DO NOT carry a camera around with me everywhere i go... but do have a phone handy and if we are going to get any closer with this blog relationship, i thought i would have to disclose my love of fabric.

0 remarks:

Post a Comment