Sunday, March 14, 2010

what's in a house?

depends on the DAY at our happy home.... And Friday we opened our doors to birmingham home and garden magazine staff... a stylist....and a great photographer!  They arrived early and stayed ALL day.  I am glad to have had the chance to meet and chat with them; although, the idea they had to have the "family" in the shots didn't work out quite as well as they had planned.... Turns out my boys CAN NOT sit still very long, someone tends to break down if you FORCE it and its just really not a good picture all together....SO.... that being said my biggest monkey was the sole baby in several pictures.  Miss Elizabeth even got him some cupcakes, first as a prop, secondly to enjoy.... He barely got close and TURNED IT down.... lucky for me, i got one, and luckier for my middle baby. HE LOVED IT!
styling AWAY....

Notice they tried SEVERAL different shots on things on the console.

and that little laptop right there.... it was full of NEW software and the auto uploaded images.... And for some reason it called my baby's names LOUD and CLEAR and was a mere chore to keep their little sticky hands OFF.....to say the least.....

i thought of my sis-in-law when i saw her lens collection.... My sister in law is working towards professional photography skills and has some collection of lens herself.  I on the other hand LOVE photographs but don't have near the drive to study the how to, i am more a click and go type gal.
so i am depending on her for some good family shots in the future! wink wink.

they also brought in flowers... SHe KNEW my favorite color flower was pink.  I was flattered and a little surprised seeing that this was the FIRST time we had met???? I guess i should have probed the question "how did you know that?" but i am not the question asker and just moved right along.....

your right, the roses were mine all mine from the earlier week, i can't remember if they used them or not?

they had to use those umbrella things pictured above due to the darkness of our house, it was rainy, sunny, cloudy, and all of the above throughout the day. YUCK! 
unfortunately OR fortunately for my boys, they needed the front and back doors open for more light..... OF COURSE, all boys went out a different door and i had my work cut out for me.....a couple outfits later, a muddy floor, and NO HAIR left in my head i cashed in my chips and let them enjoy being little boys!!!  that was WAY MORE FUN!! and they discovered really quick why my coffee table has NOTHING On it.... little hands that LOVE to make things crash!!


miss elizabeth is GOOD at what she does, i long for her talent and eye for things.
 

my hornet in rare FORM with a heart of gold who brightens each and everyone of my days

my littlest lamb looking so very innocent and big...sniff sniff. I am just glad we don't have any bumps and bruises... Good Lord above, i think we are going to need some help containing this wild man? 
And my monkey... EDIBLE angel. 
Dear monkey, 
thank you for mostly doing the RIGHT thing or what mommy says atleast,
you make my job easy!
XOXO, Mommy

thats right, climbing onto a SOAKING wet riding toy.....uuuhhhh!

digging in the MUD PRE-photo shot. Darn!
and just to get their feet wet, or muddy, or just to make me change their clothes AGAIN...


soccer ball for one

a baseball for another and just to keep things alive... this monkey likes to tee tee OUTSIDE and lucky for our neighbors company, they too got to enjoy the view. Sorry!  we will work on that.



where are his shoes? why they are completely submerged in the water of course and they are RED so that tells me, this water ain't so clean 'cause i can't even See them!
a more prepared monkey
an interested dog....
outfit THREE....
and NO clothes for this guy....
and when the sun was totally gone.   We invited some of our favorite families over and enjoyed our night!  

this is what a long fun sunny day will do to little ones FOR A BRIEF moment and then they took back off.....
we had a fun filled friday with even more fun on saturday... a st. paddy's day party and a shrimp boil.  Thank you Mimi and ALlie for tag teaming the boys yesterday we really really enjoyed ourselves and were LONG over due.  
update on mom:  she was admitted back into the hospital on thursday and is still hanging tight.  Hoping to come back home soon. Thanks for your prayers!  


0 remarks:

Post a Comment