Wednesday, March 10, 2010

aspirations of a southern-er

while i must admit... i think of myself as a bit of a "product of my OWN generation"? do you?  I am conservative in a modern kinda way, republican (although my mom labeled me a communist A LONG time ago.... Can we not just do the RIGHT thing? which ever way that leans? wink wink), i believe in church and God above and that you should teach the ways of the world to your children through him too, I believe you can be a very strong christian person and not HAVE to PREACH everywhere you go but rather KNOW and fill in the gaps when people need help, i LOVE a stuffy fashion show as much as the next girl, i LOVE to dress up in a cute outfit and be to the nines with earrings, a clutch, shoes plus some,but even more love to be able to run, ride a bike, and truly get in the floor and play so that rules out some of the fancy-ness, i love a good socialite, a good redneck, a laid back funny person, a gay guy OR girl (as long as we are straight on what team i play for), i love a loving person i feel i have known forever and a day as soon as i meet them, i love my friends, i am secretly GLAD some of them have not settled down, i think everyone needs and deserves a rip roaring wild night full of laughs and lots of dancing (and i love daddyc for sharing that zest for life with me each and everyday, (yes oh prude-ish friends i love you too just in another not so crazy way, if daddyc (a.k.a my loving hubby) drove a pickup truck i would ride in the MIDDLE (thats right!  My mom and brother would slump down in their chairs HUMILIATED, while my sweet dad would make an excuse why it was OKAY for me to do this and ME.....(I WOULD LOVE EVERY MINUTE OF SITTING IN THE MIDDLE and be glad i gave you all something to talk about)
i love southern front porches, front porch swings, and just swings in the yard....
 via southern accents (oh how i miss you)


i am LOVING that while at the gym this morning i overheard kathy lee (from the today show) say "wine calories are converted into energy UNLIKE calories from brownies"  BrinG ON THE WINE!!, i love my family more than words, I love even more that all three of my precious children look completely different and have totally different personalities, i can't wait to read the new house beautiful mag sometime soon (it came yesterday in the mail and boldly read "wood" somewhere in the subtitles and had me at THAT word!), i can't wait to watch parenthood i dvr'd last night, i am pumped aunt holly's birthday book came in and wish it were mine to keep, i am okay with the rain today atleast its not freezing cold anymore...... I love the idea of slow sippn' a mint julep while rocking on the front porch but i DON't like the taste of them. tiss. tiss.  I even MORE LOVE a mint julep cup and wish i had 20-25 to use for entertaining purposes!!

i love the idea of bourbon in the fall.... And while i am not going to scrounge around and find a good pic.  The new garden and gun magazine has some great bourbon advice and picks!  yes, we tore out the page for further searches!!!
i still love pink!  nothing new there and have THIS on my wish list

while i wish i could add these pink lamps.... i just can't in this house... ONE DAY!
via chic cole

via
i love a small cottage-y home MUCH MORE than a big empty lifeless feeling house... I think you should USE every single one of your rooms and every inch of your space.  Do i do that?  well, NOT YET.... the jack 'n' jill bath the babies share is sitting on go.... they take baths together in my biggest baby's bathroom (where the toys are) while my biggest baby showers in the mornings.  But when that changes we will USE every single room in our house daily, esp. when i can get my boys to sit down long enough to enjoy family dinner, our table is in our dining room, where my furry boys await my arrival and ANYONES arrival to our happy home (the windows are just the right height for them) 
(a 3-4 year old should ONLY be required 15 minutes of sitting at a table for dinner after/before eating) thank you study! i was beginning to wonder!  even more than ME, our MIMI was beginning to dout our parenting as our boys CAN NOT sit for a nice meal wink. wink..... they do not care about food treats, or food in general which makes a sit down restaurant meal a little stressful for some.... At home i can line them up and they eat great! isn't that all that matters?   recent convo.
DaddyC: why do you blog? are you going to one day turn it into a scrapbook or what?  i mean it takes you SOOOO LONG to do it....
ME: i just like too, i don' know, yes i will most likely have it printed into a book diary like, so that one day if my grandchildren want to re-live their daddy's lives they can. And its just something i do.  
DaddyC: well, are you atleast going to go back and delete some of the randoms, correct your grammar, misspelled words, etc.
ME: not in a million, i blog in a complete and TOTAL rush each and everyday i have time, i don't care about grammar or what you/readers think of my quick typing and or spelling whichever it turned out to be. You can read and enjoy or NOT!!! And either way will be just perfectly fine with me.  

Now i am running late AGAIN....due to my blogging!  So long for now and maybe i will have something to blog about sometime soon.  Sorry for random-ness!!!!!

0 remarks:

Post a Comment