Monday, March 1, 2010

all`s well, ends well?

gosh, that doesn't sound right and daddyc is at the gym....lets go with it, shall we?
so our weekend ended so WELL.....our party with our princess was so fun, she is ALMOST two.....The boys all love going over and b-lined RIGHT THROUGH the party set up where the sweet mama intended the crowd to be, one went upstairs and the other two right out the back door..... I am just glad they feel at home, ha!  Cici was there, thats these baby's grandmother who i almost feel is mine.  she is one of those people in life, who are so comforting, welcoming, and make me want to keep her number on speed dial for when i am having a bad day.  She is such a big part of this family's life.  that usually the first question i get "will cici be here?" and as we pulled in last night "there is cici's car mama!"
here she is in ALL her glory!

if your happy and ya know it!! 

oh and did i fail to mention cici is RATHER crafty and made these adorable table skirts..... not only that.... she thought to go into the attic and rip the material right out of this mama's belle dress.... PERFECT! oh and the most cute polka dot fabric well, it will soon be an outfit for this birthday princess!!

this is SO my littlest lamb.... i am not going to ride but could someone pull me?

daddyc played soccer with monkey's bestest who is quite some kicker while apparently my monkey had some work to tend to!!

you got it! there is OUR cici, watching my wild man, i think its safe to say she helped him down the brick stairs a bajillion times....worried he may slip and fall.


she was a little busy with her ice cream to care about the candles.....

SAFE to say this was my monkey ONLY bite, safer to say my little hornet engulfed one as quick as he could, and even safer to say my littlest lamb knew exactly what it was, b-lined and cried for one, ate half and my hornet finished his too!!!  

there she is.... Happy birthday sweet abby!

So, this weekend my FOUR YEAR old GREW UP..... as i slaved in the kitchen ALL afternoon (for 30 minutes putting groceries away and prepping for dinner) i opened my kitchen window AND a bottle of wine and listened......  it was the best music i have heard recently.... My four year old and his neighbor counterpart playing outside....thats right OUTSIDE!!!! it was beautiful and they took full advantage seeing that neither one take naps anymore..... so big.  They ran around fighting bad guys, up and down from the backyard fort, round the house, chasing dogs with swords and guns (pretend ones readers, don't get in a ruffle....) and i was grinning ear to ear, they stopped short to get a popsicle at one point  (i guess i am not the only one wishing for spring to ring in soon) but my day was MADE by a fellow friend who waltzed in and reminded me "daylight savings is in TWO WEEKS give or take" that was the END OF A GREAT WEekend, i can make it two more weeks.   see, my family LIVES on daylight savings time and literally stays outside until sundown and we CAN NOT WAIT!!!! oh but back to my biggest baby growing up, so while showering i hear the innocent or not so so much cartoon he is watching while waiting patiently for me to take him back to the creek..... and i hear all kinds of shut-ups, and idiot, etc. etc. so when i get out i casually mention "hey charlie, they sure are using a whole lotta words we don't say aren't they?" and i closely watched for reaction, he turned and ALMOST rolled his eyes and said "yes mama, we don't say those words" and quickly turned back around....but he said it with attitude like " i will appease you mom and not say anything but i am a BIG FOUR year old now, FOUR AND A HALF almost to be exact PUHLEASE don't bother me with baby non-sense anymore, as i would NEVER say those words in FRONT of you.  I took it with a grain of salt but my heart hurt a wee bit just for a moment that maybe just maybe i treat him like a 2 year old?  but then again, he does make me carry him a lot?  but also last week i ALMOST had to beg him to sleep with me when daddyc was out of town, he said "lets get in MY bed mama???"

AND last night on the way home from the party, he ask if it would be okay if we would let him play soccer and baseball this spring on MON AND WED..... I guess he knew we wanted to wait until he was 5 to start the FOREVER taxi service to the fields and ballparks.  He begged and begged and when daddyc jokingly said no NOT this year, he teared up instantly... I think its safe to say this angel is PUMPED and this afternoon will be in full gear on the field and he can't wait!!!  let the games begin.... So i better log back off into the real world, 2 year old dr. appt, followed by 1 year old dr. appt. and have to finish our teachers luncheon decor..... oh the places we will go.  I hope you and yours enjoy this monday and i hope you have someone SO VERY thrilled to be playing a sport this afternoon.  (have we deprived him so far?)

0 remarks:

Post a Comment