Tuesday, March 23, 2010

back to basics...

kinda! what are the basics anyway?  OUr mimi came to my little lamb's rescue this morning while my bigger babies went to school so that i could sit and visit with my mom.   Mom was having a "GOOD" day and we enjoyed our visit with an old friend.

I can't help but notice that along with spring come new things and change....CHANGE IS GOOD!!!  i am a firm believer in that.  i have had two friends reveal their third pregnancies to me this week (while i am so so so so very excited and more than thrilled to get my hands on YOUR little one this fall....) i am so glad its NOT ME this time. wink wink. And i am even more sad for you that you can't drink with me in the sun this summer but don't lose the sight of what is ahead, a bouncing baby boy or girl we will love forever..... I will remind you of that when its july and august and you are HUGE and MISERABLE.... gosh, do you think i had my feel of being pregnant 3 times?  me too.  over it.....next phase.  if my tubes weren't tied i would talk myself into a HUNDRED babies no less..... thank you dr. kennedy times a MILLION and ONE!!!  Anyway, i love watching the trees bloom and flowers pop out..... it is truly a beautiful thing!


And while daddyc and i are NOT displaying public affection.....i DID just line up two of my bestest girls EVER EVER EVER!!!  Caroline in check for friday night, and Our Allie in line for saturDAY and night!  Thank you girls-  THe boys are literally jumping up and down with pure joy and can't wait!

4445372557_ecf04b1fe9_o.jpg
And i would NOT have on polka dot pumps either....just not my style!  
but i am longing for the weekend of fun more than you know.....I am over due for a good time although when showing our lolly pictures today she ask "Amy, why are all those other sweet babies at the party last weekend and the boys were at HOME with Allie?"  
And with the response of we had somewhere else to go afterwards quickly throwing in the other part "we planned on drinking more than i would drive my children under" i think she didn't know quite what to say....... 
is that responsible parenting?  OR is that a total lush of a mom & dad who still act 21?  you decide. 
Either way we LOVE being mama and dad of three wonderfully made baby boys and we LOVE being married and being who we are and those things will never change!  

update:  Mom is at the dr. right now.... hoping for some answers.  Her dear friend Lou Ann is here with her.  Pray for specifics!!

0 remarks:

Post a Comment