Monday, August 23, 2010

too good not too

post that is... Daddyc and i have been working on getting back into our "family grove" after a whatever/whenever kinda summer....  I like to blow up in a new york second and say "the boys are OUT OF CONTROL"  they are Double OC....   
When really they are just moving and grooving right along what a normal 4, 2 and 1 year old should do....  
I will admit, there are times, a whole lotta times,  i want them to sit DOWN (there is an idea) and read (which none of them can do yet) and NOT talk, wrestle, or run around like wild indians.... 
Anyway, i was determined to get back to sitting down for lunch and supper, back to saying our blessing...first born goes and then our daddyc wraps it up and our 2 year old says AMEN and smiles like he knows how cute he is all while the baby is stealing food off his plate.....  So my mission is was to get them to sit down for a family dinner, DON'T get up until everyone is finished and eat what is served..... shoot!!!!  we made one beg for mercy and pretzels..... now that should be filed in some child abuse case, right?  But i will say no one got their cupcake tonight :(  well, except daddy!!! and we stayed outside til after dark, showered and tucked everyone away lovingly even if they didn't eat all their black bean and beef burritos and mexican salad....  so when i read this post i thought, i can relate...THIS IS toO GOOD NOt To SHARE..... Enjoy, esp. if you have several small children.

#271 on the list of "Things I Said I'd Never Do When I Was A Mother"


Photo courtesy of istockphoto.com

I swore I'd never give my kids Lunchables. I mean, really, I scoffed, those things are chemicals in a box! Any half-decent parent would simply buy some quality turkey slices and good cheese, roll those suckers up, and place in a tupperware with some cut up fruit, right? I mean, really, how long could that take? 5 minutes? (Insert condescending eye-rolling here.)

We are salad eaters around here! We demand variety and quality! Lean protein! Whole wheat! Legumes! My kids will eat as we eat! We will be the role models!

Tonight: My kids had hot dogs and Cookie Crisp cereal for dinner.

And last week, when Ben begged for a Lunchable for school, I not only said "yes," I joyfully squealed: "Ben! Look! They are on sale! 4 for $5! You can have four Lunchables!"

Oh, yes...and Mickey Mouse chicken nuggets, Kraft mac and cheese, and pancakes are a regular dinner staple around here.

I've learned you're only a know-it-all until you actually become a parent.

0 remarks:

Post a Comment