Friday, August 20, 2010

Eat, Pray & Love.....my way!



I read Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert a few years ago, and when life gets a little tough, or boring, or just close to "groundhog day" the movie...(TOO ROUTINE!!!!)  I often just dream of getting up and going on a year journey of self discovery.

However, I would change up the locations a bit..

Here is where I would spend my time
EAT(and a little pray):Hawaii or another tropical location
nothing against Italy, 'cause i eat pasta almost every single day but i would still chose Hawaii.
kauai-day-14-005
kauai-piercing-007

This part of the journey would be great!. I would eat fresh fruit and good food in endless amounts just like the book. Bar tend in a little tiki hut on the beach (yes, i watched the movie Cocktails last weekend and remembered how much i LOVE it!). Visit the small islands surrounding and learn every little bit of how they do it Hawaii style.... Or Greece... Maybe i want to live in greece for a  year.... I can't make this decision this quick...give me a week or so... but island style, bar tend or event planning... i can't help it. i know its really really shooting for the stars but take it or leave it.... I guess because everyone is laughing, telling great stories, hugging, dancing... WHAT IS NOT TO LOVE ABOUT A BAR!!!! drinking or NOT!!!!  besides the SMOKE, i think the surroundings are great!!!  remember: i am on a journey NO KIDS!!!!!

PRAY:ISRAEL
I don't talk too much about my faith here, but I am a born and bred Methodist... i find it interesting learning the different beliefs and really love most all of them... Do we not all have the same God?  just different story tellers on Sunday?  I have a small feeling God would love MOST of them too.  i think the HOly Land would be neat to experience. i may add...

Daddyc, 
 i just caved and after endless ignored phone calls and emails i told church we WOULD teach sunday school again....EEEEKKKK!!!  
(we were planning on taking a year off to attend an ADULT sunday school class: there is an idea... but had always planned on teaching each one of our boys classes at some point... child #1: check  NOW child #2 check after this year)

LOVE: AUSTRALIA
Because 
1. Daddyc and i share a love of being on the water.... DOING NOTHING...well, you are right, swimming, running, boating, he loves to snorkel (me..not so much, i am scared of sharks.... You never know when one may eat me alive!!), biking, you know all the fun stuff you would do on your YEAR vacation to find yourself... Yes, i would take my better half with me... If i am going to find MYSELF, he may as well too, i'd hate to get lost.  And i really think we could do it NO tv either as long as we had music... we love to listen to good music or what we think is good!  we would substitute noggin (a preschool cartoon network) for wine and live music in a hammock.... Does it get any better? 
2. then i would miss my boys when i was playing in the sun, i'd have you ship them over at some point.... Give us a week or month or so to find ourselves first though.
Where would you go if you could spend a year" finding yourself?"
And who wants to 1. babysit 2. go see that movie with me????

1 remarks:

Susanne said...

The movie is FABULOUS!!!!

Post a Comment