Friday, August 27, 2010

sigh if RELIEF...

have you had babies of your OWN?  there is NOTHING like it, rinse and repeat NOTHING like it... Hours after my first born came into this world with GREAT ease which suits his little being i remember telling daddyc 
"this is the best day of my life, its like christmas but I GOT THE BEST gift EVER and everyone is here with me celebrating MY GIFT"
ps. i never said i was not a brat, i am the baby of my family incase you are just sizing me up.  
BUT...
on the flip side of bringing a baby into the world
Have you ever had a loved one bring one in a couple hours away?   or just around the corner in the delivery room while you are in the waiting room? 
it is a nervous, nervous time... No reasons but i guess you hold your breathe until you see that little chubby cherub for the FIRST time, and hold that life-less bundle that i would just assume have all the time in MY arms, you have "on deck" tears....
tears of joy?  tears of anxiety?  JUST tears, ya know incase you need them i guess.  They stay behind my eyes.....
Anyway, if you talked to me yesterday you could NOT escape the fact i was a bit panic-y, my bestest was bringing in another baby girl and it was a quick decision and i worried about her older baby girl (who was good enough to keep her sweet sole why her mama rushed to the hospital to have the baby???), i couldn't get through (apparently when you are on the operating table, cell phones are NOT allowed....some rules are for the birds!)  and the proud daddy of the newborn angel wasn't answering either- i did not have the grandmother's cell phone, or you KNOW i would have worn it out...... Good Grief, i could not relax but....... God is good!

low and behold after a trip to our local pizza joint (at my monkeys request...which is new to us- the requesting part... My boys have never requested anything for breakfast, lunch or dinner much-less to go OUT to dinner so when he begged for davenports NOT JUST ANY OLE PIZZA JOINT....DAVENPORTS.  we loaded up and took off and it was great all around.  And after some good quality street time with a glass of wine and a whole lotta running wild kiddos and a little LOT of yard ball we waltzed in...No, you are right, we ALWAYS  march... i don't know why, i know we look silly but when i say "march two three four" they all three smile and march along ALL THE WAY to the bathtub so i won't fix what ain't broke as they say and got them tucked away in their sweet beds...after singing Jesus loves me 3 times... 
"mama"
"yes, Sam"
"sing Jesus...again...again mama"
and i am weak when putting them to bed....i would have sang Jesus loves me as many times as he wanted me too.... If you heard his angelic voice asking you would too...believe me.
i had missed calls!!!

SHE IS HERE.... EVERYONE IS FINE..... SHE IS THE sweetest baby i have ever seen,
  I must take a bow though, she has a TON of hair..... And guess who her first guest was.....  My mom, our lolly's, bestest Atlanta friend bringing gifts..... I know my mom was smiling down too keeping those girls safe as she was when Mrs. Fayard paid a visit.... Angels are everywhere and do things that remind you how angelic friends are!  So i thanks for the check in phone calls dear friends who i sent into a worry frenzy yesterday.... Maybe i was a little dramatic...what?  I will return your calls today with good news if i have not already.  Baby and her mama are FINE, more than fine.... Doing great! but at a mere 4 lbs. i am not sure her mama can slide on a smocked gown yet.....give her oh about 6 weeks. wink wink.


0 remarks:

Post a Comment