Monday, August 9, 2010

dirty boys & a bird

so when we returned from our vacation we notice, well, LOTS of things but the very first was that my back door planter had NOT been watered , Daddyc said it was "next" on his list, ha!  But turns out the little plant died from removal to make room for a mama bird to build a nest and leave some eggs.   I will admit, the first time my crew bound in that door she was scared, chirping (probably four letter words), and carrying on like a crazy woman and flew away fast (i am finding my crew does this to many people, i think they have to "warm up" to us, wink wink.)  but as the week went by, its hard to scare her off now, she just watches us day in and day out a bazillion times a day-  We love our little bird and can't wait to see the baby birdies.

And i guess being at the beach with Sand and NOT dirt 
i totally FORGOT how stinkn' dirty my boys get, i had to bathe them MOST EVERYDAY this week, MID-afternoon just so they could get into their cribs for a good nap and the sheets wouldn't be black from dirt.....  Do your babies get as dirty as mine?  
In a matter of seconds, we have dirt under finger nails, in our hair, the sweat makes it look like face paint all over their sweet faces...... Needless to say our washcloths and bath water are brown..... I find myself letting the water run, bathing them clean and THEN plugging the drain so they don't play in the nasty water..... I have to say " i LOVE LOVE LOVE to see them play and i am okay with the dirt, SWEAT (lots of sweat)  i guess" but there ARE DAYS when my being a "girl" comes into play...
 its HOT, 
its sticky, 
EVERYTHING is dirty, etc.  but most all days i just let them go 100% and then clean up the mess!  What fun it must be to be a little boy!  
Dear God,
I think i want to be a little boy when i grow up.
is that too much to ask?
Amy

i DO realize these photos show NO justice to the amount of dirt and sweat they had going on.... my biggest baby must have still be outside???
So happy monday readers i have LOTS of post for today... i will start on them, hopefully finish them before my babies awake, we will see......


0 remarks:

Post a Comment