Wednesday, February 17, 2010

out with the old

IN with the new...  Not for me FOR YOU!  The new trend seems to be NO UPPER cabinets in the kitchen.  Could you do this?  Oh how i wish i could have.  I have WAY too many kitchen things, dish sets, etc. etc.  but i do so love the look, so fresh, clean and oh my goodness the window possibilities would be ENDLESS......do it if you can.


via southern accents

via jill benson

and here is the last from country living
I can picture me and daddyc sitting here in these two seats and enjoying our coffee and if we were lake side (those chairs remind me of a lake house) we would be sitting there hovering my mom who would be cooking something yummy on that stove.... Daddyc would be digging his sticky hands in it PRE-ready and asking a bajillion questions, i would be anxiously awaiting it to be ready and LOSIng my patience with a speed of quickness. My boys would be outside with big daddy who woke us ALL up hammering or weed eating at 6 am, my older wiser brother would be on mile 20 of his little jog, aunt holly somehow sleeping through this mad caos.....and i can't wait to have my hands on caroline on family vacations NOW.  oh and my mom, she would be shooo-ing us away until it was done or giving us a job "to get lost" for 30 minutes! OR she would be custom making something to cater to each and every grandchild because they ALL want different things.  Just a little dip inside my memory bank of our lake mornings.....I CAN'T WAIT!!!   

But as someone who LOVES sunlight and who takes GREAT joy in opening bedroom shutters, all drapes every single morning to allow even more sunlight, i hope this window, NO upper cabinet trend is here to stay.  Its a good one!!  And i hope for you that you don't have as much kitchen junk as i do and can take part in this trend.  

0 remarks:

Post a Comment