Sunday, February 14, 2010

it was SNOW crazy

in my deep southern parts on Friday afternoon it SNOWED (i was GOOD and READY for it too after our morning errands were done and done).  the snow came down quick and graceful.....So pretty, so fun, so cozy INSIDE fireside with the ones i love.  By 7:15 AM on friday i had already called some friends to come enjoy an OLYMPIC opening night with US... all of us... the boys and they too brought their rug rats to add to the caos we call FUN!!!  Of course we I tried for a split second to think of something fun to make in the kitchen since it was snowing so hard OUTside, revolving around the 5 olympic rings..... that second expired and our my time was up, in the car we all went for our errands and good/safe driving time was fading FAST..... we had to get out while the getting was good and so we took it to the streets!!! our ALMOST final stop was to "daddy's work" always a treat to go sneak up on him..... The biggest boys headed in, feeling quite lucky and me and my littlest lamb headed to the grocery....'cause we wanted to make sure we were good and stocked for the snow!
i stepped out for a brief MINUTE to catch these angels bundled up on the porch watching the snow and to see what the hysterical laughter was all about?  And watch my furry boys in what appeared to be HEAVEN....

then i rushed back in.... it was a wee bit chilly..... and i found this!

WHAT? 

what seems to be the problem mom?  Just cleaning up the last chips that sam left on the table.....bless my big hungry baby!!!

my feet

my front porch view one way

and the other way....

My HAPPy HOmE

just a little fun by the fire WITH flammable fleece blankets....

in my defense LOOK what it did to my middle baby..... i had to let him!
this cool guy was waiting on his fellow friends to awake naps..... 
and this little man, still playing by the fire....

waiting got a bit long so we attempted some olympic treats
i had ONE happy camper...


and as we finished. BAM!!! a SNOWBALL at our doorstep....

Let the FUN begin...

snowball to the ole' face..... Be BRAVE!!!

my monkey

his buddy

And a true angel!!

and another angel, who seemed to have just as much fun with snowballs!



and even more treats!
We had a great snow day....

 Had some friends down and did what MOST domestic mamas do...ORDERED PIZZA and opened a fresh bottle of WINE or should i say NEW, fresh & wine don't seem to go together that well.  I didn't snap any pictures of our friday night fun.... after a snow day, MOST kiddos thought it was a better idea to strip down OUT of cold/wet snow clothes into tights OR as my hornet rolled in "NOTHING" but a diaper of course!  So we left that to your imagination!  
And guess what....Saturday the SNOW was STILL there!!!!  it was quite some view. 

 My hornet very CLEARLY ask for some CAKE & some NUTS for breakfast.....He didn't have one the night before so GUESS WHAT?  i let him eat one!  I didn't have it in me to shell nuts though, not at 7 a.m. and he was okay with that, as long as he could sit in my lap and hold my hand.... But my monkey wanted to bundle up and cuddle with me and my littlest lamb wanted me to hold him.... I FELT LOVED & NEEDED and most of all TRAPPED and hoped on the OTHER side of the kitchen daddyc was enjoying his cinnamon roll and coffee in peace, ha!  We warmed cinnamon rolls for our monkey and muffins for our lil' lamb.... I peeled oranges for everyone and after a couple bites, My honest child said "mama, ya know Lolly really has better oranges, she doesn't leave quite as much peel as YOU do, and i think she cuts them better too...Yes, she just does it a little better than you do"  And then since she was on his mind he ask "mom, i need to call lolly & big daddy... do you think big daddy has been using lolly's snowman kit... I bet big daddy could use his MUD TIRES to come pick me up and did you know big daddy knows how to make snow cream"  And just like that....Big Daddy was ON his way over! 

 i don't think ANYONE was excited to see him or SAD to see him LEAVE THEM behind....


 In big daddy's defense my lil' lamb was about to take a nap BUT did shed some tears (my littlest lamb hardly cries.... but if his mama OR his big daddy try and sneak away..... BIG HUGE tears of sadness!) and the lil' hornet will NOT wear appropriate clothing; therefore its not fun to play outside in short sleeves and hiked up pants with NO coat, etc.  Some babies are SO stubborn! 

he sported this for about FIVE minutes, then it was boots & shirt OFF.... there perfect!!

Did you all enjoy your snow day if you had one?


0 remarks:

Post a Comment