Thursday, October 21, 2010

puttin' on the G.R.I.T.S

that is Girls Raised In The South for those unsure.  
I offer sorry in advance for this post but figured it has been awhile i will shed some light on my day... starting at 12 midnight 

12:00AM laying in my bed AWAKE and feeling the stress ALREADY..
 "oh my goodness i am going to be exhausted tomorrow, i just know it... GO TO SLEEP self!"  
and continuing to ponder my Purpose Driven Life bible study for the night in my head.... i am STUCK on a sentence in the book "do you love the Lord enough to give up your first born son?" 
 me: i sure do LOVE THE LORD with all my being but i am really really REALLY depressed to say i honestly don't think i could give up my first born son for ANYTHING, lucky for me God is NOT asking me too... 
Dear Lord, 
You love to forgive, right?.  Can you ever forgive me for wanting to selfishly live MY WHOLE life with my boys by my side... i can't help it.  Can that be MY fault?  I know you state in YOUR book, the Bible, you created us NOT TO be perfect. I think YOU WOULD AGREE i am the furthest thing from perfect you can get.
 can this be my really not perfect thing?
i really do strive each day to be a better Christian,
Me
p.s. My monkey ask me daily if you are keeping his Lolly safe.  I know the answer but wish you could comfort his little mind somehow, he sure does miss her..... as do i!!

3:30 a.m.  dog growling... (i told you he stays by my side and any noise will get attacked- the dog with allergies is in HIS room, our seasonal closet snuggled up on his bed- i can't handle the eye scratching mid-night), mental note: i must buy my old man of a dog a new bed.... his furry brother takes up the whole thing and he needs the one in the den during the day- THEN....
little feetsies step step, stepping down the stairs, door opens, and little boy climbs in the middle, kisses his mama "i love you mama", and wraps his arm around me for the rest of the nights sleep.  (FYI: his mama, me,  was in HEAVEN and secretly doesn't mind my littles sneaking into my bed each night) if i could i would pull a brad and angelina and have a HUGE bed and we would all sleep together EVERY Single night... i know, not healthy but oh it would be fun for me!!!
Everyone is in the bed is snoozing.... except me.  Go to sleep SELF.

5:50 a.m. (i am usually already up and blogging with my warm coffee daddyc  has pre-set for me the night before filled with vanilla/caramel cream...YUM!!!  not great for the ole' waist line but i am standing firm and won't give it up)  

Daddyc throws on fitness attire and takes to the hills for a vamped up workout.....i complain at how little sleep i got... Daddyc doesn't respond probably thinking "SHHHH, bark up another tree please" i sit down and check email and blog with my coffee and today a big ole blanket, bbrrr!... all boys still snoozing away and the darkness is telling me it is too early... time change always throws me for a loop.
(here in lies my UN-made bed... My parents never made me make my bed... My mom ALWAYS made her and my dad's and sometimes mine too but i just rarely do, unless i iron then i can't stand to look at it all ruffled, i pull up the comforter and call it a day!) The pictures above my bed STAY messed up, the boys jumping on it while i get ready doesn't help.... My sam likes to point out DAILY... BIGGGGG eggs, BABEEE eggs.....

6:40 a.m. Daddyc returns, turns on ESPN and takes a seat.... i SLOWLY but surely get my own fitness attire on in pure utter darkness so precious can get his beauty sleep, i gave up on getting mine,

surprised i can find anything in my closet mess. i secretly shut the door so you couldn't see the whole deal.... GROSS!!!
 waltz through the kitchen, hit my phone and notice my dad called me at some point the night before (Dad i am soon to call you back... give me two shakes), grab the i-pod and take it to the trails.... 
7:40 a.m.  I am back and better than ever.... go straight back to the shower, Daddyc is getting ready for work and i jump in the shower... we chat and i hear the Halloween dog singing and dancing (thank you oh. birthday giver for that little deal.... its all we hear!) my monkey is now up.   

7:50 a.m. Daddyc tells us good-bye and expresses his love for us until we meet again for lunch. i throw on my pink robe, my monkey jumps in the shower (so big!), put my houseplants in my bathtub to water, brush my teeth, clean my face with way too expensive cleaner, toner, lotion and then use a bit of tinted moisturizer and lip gloss... Next up some jeans and a tee... Nothing new here.
  
Not big on jewelry but my necklace which holds a special spot in my heart.... When my mom passed away, hours later on her bedside i found this necklace.... "it reads "i will survive, i will get by" and i added my boys charms which used to reside on some copper bangle bracelets, they read the boys WHOLE names which also hold dear to my heart.  I love my tags!!!  
8:15 ish a.m. step step. SNEEZE. giggle.  My middle baby makes his way down stairs.  Cartoons come on, pop tarts and cereal with milk and yogurt smoothies are served.... RIGHT in front of the tv.  for oh about 2 seconds and then outside of course



8:30 a.m.  i take note at what needs to get done, 
a lot.
put up loads of ironed clothes, lay out the halloween and Auburn gear, no need to waste time putting up what needs to be worn SOON, notice the dishwasher is full and clean and needs to be put up...but not right now.....My monkey wants ANOTHER breakfast.  Pack his lunch for school.  
8:45 a.m. My little lamb calls me from his crib.  Rush to retrieve him from his slumber. HE IS STARVING as usual.  Get him set up with some cereal and a pop tart and yogurt smoothie (which daddyc has pre-prepared so all i have to do is pull it from the fridge... thank you for making my life easier Daddyc).   All he wants to do is take his shirt off???  and play with a police man billyclub... LOOK OUT.

9:00 a.m. comb monkey's hair which is looking rather wild and still SOAKing wet with my hands. where in the world are all the combs and brushes? "monkey replies, there is a brush in the front yard mama? a good hand comb will do.... Pack his lunch in his backpack.  Pack some cute Thanksgiving art projects i saw in a magazine for his teachers.  "he calls out... Call a friend to come play with me?" i just say "OK" and put that battle off for later.
watch him walk run over across the street to his carpool line.   Precede out the front door and ask him to hurry as he is walking the retaining wall making his teacher a nervous wreck (hang in there mrs. frances, he is good at that!)
 his littlest of brothers misses him already and cries at the window... ANd yes, he too is climbing on something... i am raising wild animals.

9:02 a.m.  pour my 2nd cup of coffee.  light a yummy smelling candle.


grab a quick bite to eat (almonds, i know but i just wanted them) what are we going to do today?  set out some chicken to de-thaw.  Poppyseed chicken... easy breezy. 
 Collect our library books and rented movies. 

 Decide i really want to use a new purse today.  







TAKE NOTE that the lining is leopard.  There you have it.  My IN STYLE leopard for the season is my purse lining.   Take note at what needs to be done INSIDE the house and make DEFINITE plans to be OUT OF the house so i can put off the chores.....  

9:30 a.m.  Dress the little boys, remind Sam "today we are not going to be a HERO, okay?" then remind myself it really doesn't matter what the child wears.,  change both diapers, pack some snacks, sippy cups of juice... Head off to the Zoo.  
*No storytime for us today, its a repeat of last week, and the playground is wet from rain.  Wednesdays are usually when my littlest baby hangs with his buddies his age*
9:32 a.m. take boxes out to street after they fall a HUNDRED times out of the chair for recycling truck in the morning.... '
check for our mole action, we have moles digging up our yard... Fan tabulous!!!  i think they are STiLl there..uuuuhhhh!  
move 4 wheeler and truck to charge for after school fun.
load the little boys into carseats.
"farm song mama, farm song" so find the farm song...turn it up....
sing along...
stop to check our police car, firetrucks.. mean old lady honks... admiring of trucks ends quickly... littlest lamb cries to go back and see the trucks....



 return our library books and dvds... 
unbuckle seat belt...
ask; WHO designed this book drop?  
flip mirrors in to try and get closer, FINALLy open the car door and reach until i can no more to return books... It is worth it not to have to unload TWO stinky boys, believe me!!!

10:00 a.m. arrive at our local zoo, notice it has been halloween-ized!! WOW.
 realize oh my goodness halloween IS next weekend... must double check costumes, etc.   Hell with the stroller THIS IS THE ONLY Place my middle child will use his legs... sea lions are a family favorite, no dout.
 already 11. phew.. pull out snacks? snacks? shoot, left snacks at home.  Call Daddyc... Wanna meet for lunch?  sure, Gilcrist it is... LIMEADE excited.  The boys are pumped to pick out their own chips!
 GLAD my monkey is NOT with us, we can skip the SNake house.
SAD my monkey is not with us to see the scooby doo mystery machine
spend a lot of time on the mini golf course.  Feel guilty when another mom says its a Madagascar Movie deal set up.  Mada WHO?  My boys have not seen that neither has their mama....
remember our zoo is not that grande while under construction but atleast they are using the RIGHT kinds of equipment, watch the trucks for awhile.
 watch the carosel.  not riding it today
 PRAISE the heck out of my hornet for walking... and if he got 25 feet behind me, he would run back and say "mama, i missed you like he had been away at war"
 OH MY GOODNESS. no they didn't.  AND IN THE BARN section. yes, we stayed for awhile
 the roosters are LOOSE..... jury is out if they will attack us?  they didn't.
 but got REALLY CLOSE.
everyone was equally excited to see the mini horses, or mules we have added to the mix.
12:15 p.m. Daddyc calls "lets just meet at home we have that whole ham you baked, etc. etc. etc." i think "gosh he is so practical... no, actually he really isn't, he just likes ham"  thats fine we will see you in a little while.  Sniff sniff, i was wanting the limeade... another day perhaps.


12:30 p.m.  Arrive to the home front.  Daddyc greets us with a smile and the boys with lunch at their little table.  THANK you x 2.   I sit down and enjoy turkey, cheese and crackers with a side of grapes.... Daddyc unloads dishwasher.  WHAT A MAN!!!!  Daddyc takes boys outside to shoot balloon rockets and to pick up my biggest baby at 12:45 from school across the street.


1:00 p.m.  Daddyc leaves us.  The boys demand MORE juice and a cartoon.  I get to go through mail.  Sweep up a tired baby and rock him.  Wonder if we will EVER get his nose to stop running.... but LOVE that he is letting me rock him, he dozes off... HEAVEN!!! 
call and email friends and anyone i can think will support to attend and buy tickets for the breast cancer foundation's event 
THIS SUNDAY NIGHT.   
Locate my donators.  Feel blessed they have donated their time and money for a good cause.  wonder who else may be interested?  Email the chair for the event to finalize some details.  Call and set up pick up times.... 


1:59 p.m.  WITH ONE MINUTE UNTIL TIME i run around the house, chant, do what it takes to round up all three boys.... it is time for monkey's speech at the big school (THAT HE WILL ATTEND NEXT YEAR.... i will be a sad mama) with mrs. barb.  He loves it and loves mrs. barb.  I Kiss him good-bye and good luck.
 

 Call a breast cancer donation giver and close friend for pick up.... he is NOT there, not to worry, i have two more days before i stress....  Head to the village to look at frames to place my precious boys in!  i only have 25 minutes.  



 Dear Frames.
I can't wait to see you with MY LITTLE lamb's picture on my bedroom wall.
 think i REALLY want to frame some of ALL the boys but desire them to sit on my chest of drawers....
 oh my goodness, this pillow would look great in my chair.... but i rather like the way that 475 dollars looks in my wallet.... Next time pillow, you are MINE!!!
i can NOT pass up a good smelling candle.   My mom always had this cake candle she burned so that when we walked in from school it was a disappointment to not find a fresh hot baked good.... which also not uncommon for my mom to bake and bake just to bake.....  
 And a good ole' metal tray/box.... so many uses.
 some of my final choices.... FYI, i ended up with the smaller ones, and a different hand painted one, that proved a little too red for my room!   I went home with NOTHING else except the free reeses cups at the checkout for my little monkeys for being somewhat sweet at naptime with NO nap due to our schedule. 

Find them but MUST find a small loan to afford them ;)  must come up with a spill of how badly i NEED them... oh wait, my birthday is next week ...  i will get some and put some on hold.  wink wink.  so the wall frame stands on hold... oh. how long can you hold mrs. beverly??


2:30 p.m.  pick up my monkey, his teacher said "he is doing great and doesn't qualify to be re-tested for his speech. She goes further to say that she could walk in any of the real school age BOYS classes at the big school and they would not be able to do l's and r's that well, its a developmental thing she claims and says, its up to you but if i tested him the STATE would NOT qualify him to attend speech"  I claim, he really enjoys it, i don't mind bringing him and she goes on and on.... he is just so cute and compliant with learning. "  SCORE.  Mrs. Barb is the BEST and will keep helping my monkey.  thank you.


2:35 p.m. pick up monkey's buddy from his house
they are pumped and wild and all of the above

 thats his mama over there wiping HIS nose, we chat briefly about how bad we dislike runny noses.... All my boys and the extra one are now hanging out of the car, out of seats, and bo duking across the hood of my car (that is using windows for doors as Dukes of Hazard boys did incase you didn't know)




2:45 p.m. arrive HOME.... play and play some more, arrange the frames i DID get, re-arrange the frames, again and again and again.  Wish i had the pictures already maybe by tomorrow.  Check on boys.  Boys? boys?  Fill up juice sippy-cups.  Little ones falls asleep sitting up again but there is not enough time to nap.  Try to locate my allie & caroline.  My middle baby says his best friend is Allie.  Make plans to GO SEE THEM TOMORROW NO LATER.... Line up babysitter for Auburn on Saturday! war eagle.  Try and locate friends some tickets. failed.



(get onto my monkey for close fist punching his middle brother in the head)  

3:30 p.m. locate shin guards, soccer ball, pack snacks and drinks and tie cleats...ALL boys are officially EXHAUSTED which means.... tears. tears. and fighting. oh boy. Head off to the ball fields....  Oh. put poppyseed chicken in the oven so i can feed hungry boys when i return.
4:00 p.m. arrive at fields.  Unload big boys.  Park.  Unload stroller, little boys, water bottles, snacks, etc. phone is ringing off the hook.  DO NOT ANSWER YOU ARE WATCHING YOUR SON PLAY SOCCER GAME!.   that is fine we are somewhat enclosed area so i let the little ones run and play and i could stand to lose a few boys anyway...kidding, only kidding!!!




5:15 p.m.  Great game, the boys played hard and are so stinkn' dirty.  Yay boys!  they tackled each other, all scored goals, playing multiple positions and ended up with a bloody nose for one.  pick up one more stinky boy, this makes 5 stinky boys + 1 mama +1 daddy waiting at home.


5:30 p.m.  Feed kids, scarf down dinner lickity split....dish out dessert and lead them all across the street.
6:00 p.m.  Head off to church
7:30 p.m. return from church
bath time, small amount of INSIDE play time, books, prayer, tuck EVERYONE in... Boys are hungry again.  small snacks for everyone, they are all three thirsty... but no one wants the blue cup... minor MELT DOWNS for two of the stinky boys, recover, back in own beds....
My middle baby discloses his need for his daddy to come tell him a story about Frisko Bear and the Alligator (daddyc has MADE these up, just FYI) and my monkey choses the Richard Scarry book THAT IS MORE THAN 50 pages long..... we hunker down in beds to read.... I open the book to see a little note from our "aunt Katie and Mary Katherine" i daze out for a minute... I really miss my friends and little girlies.... BACK to reading, Where is that little goldbug?  darn thing is hidden on EVERY page and is so very small.   LIGHTS OUT!!!


9:00 p.m.  Use what energy i have left to get down the stairs, fold TOO MANY loads of laundry, do some ironing, make some notes for tomorrow..... teacher conference, letter T show 'n' tell, etc.  
Kiss daddyc good night and get into my bed, leave him to check out the new football scouting, ESPN, whatever game is on, etc. etc....  Find the new Law n order LA, tell Daddyc, he comes with a work magazine to watch with me....  
Read a chapter from my bible study and ZZZZZZZ! here is hoping i make it sleeping, boys or no boys in my bed.  
JUST REMEMBER: i forgot to write monkey's birthday thank you notes.  SHOOT!  tomorrow for sure.
That my friends is a day in the life. My life.  Forgive me if i have not called you or emailed you back.  I will find the time SOON i promise.


update:  sleep is good. boys all slept well, i suppose....still snoozing and i am off to start my rat race yet again.  Life is good.

2 remarks:

Susan said...

Hi Amy, I have been meaning to write you for months! I am a friend of Nancy Fayard's...she turned me on to your blog and I check it almost DAILY!! I am the mom of 2 grown daughters (28 and 24) and I LOVE reading about your life w/3 beautiful boys. I am a breast cancer survivor and I met your mom at Chris&Brittany's rehearsal dinner. I have laughed with you and cried with you for many months. Thank you for sharing your life with me and so many others. You and your family have been in my (and many others) thoughts and prayers. I can't wait to come visit with Nancy and meet you!!! Susan

TBG said...

I need a breather after your day! Thanks for sharing---excellent insight for us newer mommies into our futures! :) I think you have such a beautiful, wonderful life with daddyc and those boys!

Post a Comment