Thursday, September 30, 2010

smitten

so... i had the great honor of being a special "buddy" as they labeled me to my very first niece... It was grandparents day at her precious school and her grandparents were either out of town or further out of town in SPAIN  (thank you Delta airlines strike...bring our mimi back)  I was over the moon to get to go for a visit.  
 she IS in fact as sweet as she looks.   She is a girl after my own heart who will tell you what she really thinks, which i tend to LOVE.   When i first arrived "aunt amy why are you wearing that scarf, did you think it was cold this morning?"  then assuring me it was in fact okay "well, it was a bit chilly to me too, i like it!"  And then pointing out that she got to wear her favorite color PINK and did i notice that her dress had a snail on it JUST LIKE her table spot at school.... details, details, details......

 her room was very organized which i guess with kiddos it has to be... great displays of artwork!  I loved how she made her hair curly with the scissors, very creative!!!
 we dined on cinnamon rolls and scones... what a treat!!!

 we talked of how to stay on green and how hard that can be sometimes!!!
 we were given a project to do together and we knocked it out very quickly.  My special girl was lickity split with writing her letters and finished LONG LONG before her sweet friends.  I was so proud!!!!


 i thought it was too cute that the teacher taught them a song about "mommy & daddy needing a break" it was the sweetest little show i have seen.
 the most adorable little girlies too.  
what a fun morning i had!!  I can't wait to go back.  We love you Emma!!!!

0 remarks:

Post a Comment