Thursday, September 23, 2010

take her for what she is WORTH

a lot!
age 30...
2 weeks before my mom passed away....
barely inside the door..... mom, who always sat right inside the door in HER CHAIR the past year, always whipped around happy to see us-
"mom, listen to this.  what do you think?  oh and i was thinking of doing this, your thoughts?"

about that time my older wiser brother calls on the phone.... 

"hey, let me talk to mom, i need to ask her something"

Almost instantly, she says to BOTH of us, killing 2 birds with 1 stone.

"Amy & Christopher, i can no longer help you with these things, i want y'all to work on making these types of decisions without me....."

SILENCE took a lifetime to break......  and to this day my brother and i are WORKING on making our OWN decisions and making the final call.... i think we are doing an okay job so far!!! with the help of our dad of course who answers his phone a WHOLE LOT more than he use to.... thanks dad!

0 remarks:

Post a Comment