Wednesday, May 12, 2010

these are THE days...

Well....actually i HOPE and PRAY these are NOT the days..... I think of mom often, i think i always will.  DaddyC and i brought home her bible studies to well, study i guess....(she had a great many lesson plans and we plan to conquer ALL of them in time) and think its quite interesting the things that have been brought before us..... Today we read our scripture together pre-boys awakening and in TODAY's dates lesson were three printed out little notes (written love, God but sounds SOOO like my mom)
exact words of the print out:
dear child of mine, 
as you go through this day, know that i am gently protecting you. I am as near to you as your very breath, as close to you as your heartbeat.  I can see the fragile state of your emotions.  I know how close to the surface your tender feelings are.  But you are my child, and i am on your side today.  I will not allow your flame of your spirit to burn out.  I will stand between you and the wind.  I will hold you in my love until you are strong again and forever more.  Do not be troubled or afraid.  Do not strive in your own strength, but lean into my love.  Find comfort in my mercy.
you sheild and defender, 
God
tell me that is not my mom...... I often wonder why God took her so young in age with a WHOLE lifetime ahead of her, although she was quite the spiritual leader....was it to grow others connection to him through her??.... Some things i will always wonder and will never know or will never make sense of..... I think back like it was 5 minutes ago when i bound down ALL BRATTY THIRTEEN YEARS OF MYSELF OR was it fourteen (the age escapes me but the FIRM words will NEVER) and i can remember FINALLY after much rehersal in my mirror and standing at mom and dad's bathroom door procrastinating like no other
"uuuummm, Mom"
yes, whats going on. Get dressed so we aren't late.....AGAIN! oh and make sure your brother is AWAKE.
"well mom, i am NOT going to church or sunday school today, none of my friends are going so it won't be fun today and besides i don't have a thing to wear"
 i think Mom dropped her earring back and if i don't recall i believe all her blood AND my dads rushed into her face....and much more like a monster than my sweet mom and her voice changed into something deep and scary no dout....
"don't you EVER utter those words again, we don't go to church for social reasons AMY (i can hear her saying my name so clear A-M-Y) you have 5 minutes to get dressed or else you will be in the balcony in your TOWEL, i am sure God won't mind what you wear"
And that was her.  She truly wouldn't have cared if i went in my jammies or what but my goodness i better BE THERE!  I could never spend the night out on Sunday nights unless that family was attending church the next day.... Thank you friends of church going families and i can so remember a family that went to church on sunday morning BECAUSE of me spending the night........ Enough rambling on childhood memories... Another one of the printouts stuck in today's scripture lesson was this
Dear child, 
I look upon your heart and see your sadness.  I search your soul and know its despair.  You look to me but cannot find the song to sing.  Do not worry, child of mine.  I know all that is within you, and i understand.  But bring to me your real feelings, your brokenness, yourself.  and i will meet you in silence.  There i will stay and heal your heart.  and later, when the music has returned to your life, you will look back and recall the songs we sang together.  
Be quiet and know me, 
God
And there was one more but i will save you the blog time.... And just know that my mom is everywhere STILL.... I somewhat debated my thank you notes..... REALLY REALLY debated them "oh. so and so knows how thankful my family is" or "oh. they won't care at all"
Well, then i was organizing mom's GAZILLION cards (she musta had thousands of friends who love her so) and there in front of me was a darn peggy post addressing thank you notes sheet so i tossed it in the "throw aways" and then as i placed her cards to the side there sitting ALL ALONE was some freakn'  monogrammed thank you notes UN-opened....
Okay already mom, i am going to get on it and write these thank you notes but geez louweez in your next life don't spread your love so well, i will be writing all summer long...... just kidding mom. But where are those cute pink note cards you got for your birthday, i have looked everywhere?  they would be great for thank you notes.  
miss ya like crazy, Amy
oh and one more thing the final paragraph of our lesson today and this came right after daddyc and i discussed how VERY VERY tired we both were......
My precious children have fallen prey to burnout.  A better description is "drainout".  You are among these weary ones, who are like wounded soliders needing some R&R.  take time to rest in the love-light of my presence.  I will gradually restore to you the energy that you have lost over the year.  
Come to me, all you who are weary and you will find rest for your souls.
Exodus 33:14 Matthew 11:28-29
so fitting, huh?
Anyway, we gained a little normalcy back to our daily lives this week..... After a week of aunt katie at their becking call and MK to light up our rooms with much delight it took some strong words to bring them back to reality of "you don't always get what you want" but as ME and MY MIDDLE BABY, my HORNET lean to "BUT YOU CAN TRY SOMETIMES" or "ALL THE TIME" and we find "we get what we need....." (sing along if you can) all while my monkey is loving his back to scheduled life doing things the "right" way and following the rules of childhood..... here are a couple this week and last fun in the sun.
we are equally OBSESSED with our uncle chris (who is more on a 4 year olds playing level than his own age) and your classic superhero... which makes WEARINg his 30 year old tee shirts layered on top of one another quite THRILLING and i think we wore them for 3 straight days, bath and no bath...
.i told you we are SLOWly getting back to normal.....don't rush me! oh and i highly recommend saving t-shirts for 30 years they are so so so soft.....
Don't worry my mom saved one of my tees too..... 
Dear Lord, Please tell me i didn't sport this in public....more than once..... my name is monogrammed on the back....just incase it got lost or "someone RENTED ME OUT rather"


and whatever this angel of OURS was asking for i feel for sure DaddyC got it for her as he is IN LOVE.... i can't say i run far behind..... I mean.....really!!!!!


and an equally special princess in our world invited us to play in her new SPRInkler her aunt brought her (word on the street is she is special to other aunts too?)
As you can see my biggest baby is hurling hard objects around and i have a feeling he is scaring the girls to death.  If i told him "girls don't like to play like that ONCE i said it a thousand times...."play gentle around girls, they don't like to fight and shoot each other or to be TACKLED which is more a mauling down done by him" or "tell them before you throw the baseball towards them"
but they gave in and let him spray them and he secretly played spiderman attacking the green goblin and they didn't even have to know..... You are right lolly, he is smart. wink wink.
while my littlest lamb snoozed, my hornet attempted to break the girls freshly made bracelets..... Come on Boys! oh and mk, i LOVE my bracelet, i have it on my key chain and think of you each minute i have it in sight. I love you!

and on less productive days.....
we didn't wear clothes....and by the looks of it didn't change diapers too too often either.

all part of the experience....

And in case you are wondering if the ole' class pictures have changed their layouts, etc. the answer is NO. same ole' same ole' if it aint' broke DON't fix it....


i bleeped out the name of their school.... I don't want any of your stalkers to steal any of these babies and i would claim all of them....well, almost!!
you are right! my hornet is holding tight to BATMAN that he took to school that day.... he takes "something" a superhero or as he says "a manzzz" or an animal and he holds tight all day long where ever that day takes us..... we aren't sure why? and we really don't care?  I love all their little "things" and different personalities to SHINE.  Must shower i guess.....the sun is still up so i get some credit...and i can not possibly attend my meeting tonight like this.....


0 remarks:

Post a Comment