Tuesday, May 11, 2010

One is the loneliest #

only ONE MAJOR difference i can recall of mom and me.
how we wash dishes......


i DO NOT fill one side of my sink up with water to be used and wash ALL the dishes with.... EEEKKKKK!!!! i like to wash them with clean running water.  while i know its wasting water but i can't stand the thought of putting my hands down in all that plate mess.  YUCK!  
 i really just would rather rinse and load the dish washer if we are being honest here. And i think we are. but both my grandmothers wash this way as do my aunts and my dad.  I think i fell by the way side on that learning experience!
But for the most part mom and i were just alike in our ways...... we always plant our caladium bulbs in one another's happy home's back yard, Mom does the bulbs, i buy the plants, i have a bit of an UN-PATIENT side to me, who knew?  (probably anyone who has ever met me. wink wink) 
Mom, i think of you this morning... just like you told me months ago when i planted my CALADIUM bulbs....
"Amy, be patient JUST when you think THEY won't BLOOM, the begin popping up everywhere and spread throughout the summer"
Carolyn Whorton
Mom, as you know i hate to write this...YOU WERE RIGHT!
My caladium bulbs are blooming just as you said they would.
OH. and what else happened last week was our happy home was published in the 
May edition of Birmingham HOme & Garden magazine
check it out.  
My mom missed seeing the spread by ONE day but i know she is proud to have a birds eye view now
Dear Mom, 
You KNOW how you STRONGLY dislike THOSE mothers who brag and only talk about their own children ALL THE TIME.....you aren't doing that in Heaven are you???
but i can't blame you on the bragging of your grandbabies, you have FOUR of the most beautiful, smart, and loving babies there are if i don't say so myself.....And if you saw MY HOUSE or YOURS, for that matter, you would be the ONLY one who would be bragging on them.   Dad called and told me he thought he had been robbed..... NOPE, just my boys spending some time over, thats all.......
Other events...
My monkey finished off his soccer and t-ball season strong....with cookies and a caprisun.

bottom row, third from the right
And i got to see my first mother's day show (PLANNED show i should say)  ....with some songs, a fabulous tea, and an art show... I was proud!

he looks a little gloom, He is sad his Lolly is gone and slowly realizing she is STILL with HIm in his heart.... He talks of her often and with great confidence that she lives in a glorious place and is watching him all the time and he is pretty sure she is FAST again and her back no longer hurts her.

i think that concludes are crazy past week..... Hope y'alls week have been kicked off a wee bit faster than mine.... one day i will jump back into a normal pace of life.....wish me luck!

1 remarks:

Anna said...

I have loved reading your posts this week (I love reading them all the time but especially this week). I hope that one day when I experience this kind of loss and sadness that I can be half as strong as you are and remember all the good memories, and document them, just as you are doing. I only met your mom a handful of times and honestly don't know you all that well, (although after stalking your blog for some time now I do feel like I have gotten to know you much better :) but I know from your beautiful words what an amazing woman she was and what a special bond you had with her. Your family continues to be in our thoughts and prayers.

Post a Comment