Wednesday, May 5, 2010

calling all YOU angels....

Take Good care of my mom.  I am counting on you!  
To my blog stalkers who don't know.....My mom lost her year long fight this week with cancer.....I miss her like crazy..... She was my bestest friend who always said "be a mom NOT a best friend to your child" but somewhere along the way she crossed over.  She was the BEST mom, my best friend and even BETTER grandmother.  we talked more than 10 times a day about serious things and about less serious things like what produce just arrived at the local farmers market.  She was MY BIGGEST FAN no dout....STILL IS... and her babies could do NO wrong and are quite simply the smartest, most talented little boys she has EVER seen.  She was proud! Proud of my dad and told me weeks ago he was a TREMENDOUS husband who NEVER left her side.....EVER.... and was an outstanding caregiver through it all.....She was so very proud of "her little boy" (my older wiser brother)....She thought he did it ALL and would randomly call and tell me, "christopher brought me all these protein drinks" like he had delivered a cure for cancer.... DID I MENTION SHE WAS PROUD!!!!!
She was also proud of her sisters....She knew all too well what they continued to do, take time away from their own families each week, drive in town endless days at a time, i could go on and on.... She LOVED her family!
[Image1.jpg]
So tomorrow i will lay my mom to rest KNOWING she is NOT there.... She is with loved ones amongst endless angels and things she loved.... She is with me ALL the time now and not just 5 miles away anymore.... i know she is glad to be free from the pain and suffering she faced for the past year and a half.  




"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. 

 Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." John 14:27


Dear mom, 
I miss you like crazy.  tell everyone hello and i will be with you again soon. 
i love you!
Amy


p.s. ARen't you proud of dad?  God has given him such strength through YOU.  I think he will surprise ME and YOU esp. ..... 

4 remarks:

Susan Moss said...

Ohh Amy!! I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Your whole family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Anna said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Judging from your beautiful words you have definitely inherited your mom's (and dad's) great strength!

Dana and Chris Sheheane said...

Hey Amy, my sister gave me your blog to read last night. It is amazing, powerful, I could go on and on. I have not thought of anything else in the last 24 hours since i heard the news. Your mom was and is a precious person and I was reminded of something so sweet last night about your mom. I'll put it in a letter and get it to you. God is definitely shining through you already with all of this and although the pain won't be gone, His peace will never leave you. It's obvious already. I'm truly amazed by you and so proud to call you "friend". I'll see you tomorrow in the celebration of your mom's life. Love ya, Dana

marley wade said...

Amy, Your sweet Mom was the light in so many lives. I am happy to know she is CANCER FREE and not suffering any more! I love and pray God will heal your sadness through the eyes of your family :)

Post a Comment