Tuesday, January 4, 2011

jimmy choos & tennis shoes

our past week at random...very random...
 the dogs are just fine.

And on ONE of the days, we woke and had nothing "important" to do and thought...
LETS PLAN A PARTY
I couldn't think of a better one than my middle and littlest lamb's birthday parties...up and coming in February..... 
My middle child has ONLY been talking about HIS PARTAY for 6 months....
 He thought maybe Christmas morning was his birthday party....no such luck! 
We get INTO birthdays around here, REALLY into birthdays so with mine and my monkey's in October my middle baby could hardly wait for his own birthday and KNEW RIGHT off the BAT what kind of party it would be 
BATMAN of course....
And he has stuck with his choice....
So being the budget wise, less workload, easy going person i am NOT..... 
I decided to combine their 3rd birthday and 2nd birthday party into ONE party (see Daddyc, i can be practical sometimes).... 
Each to have their own on THEIR day (a family gathering) but ONE party, being 12 months apart, you can do that...... There will be a time when i can't but now is NOT one of them......
(i can hear my mom's voice ringing in my ear 
"Amy, they BOTH need a special day, Do NOT combine them")
Anyway, we chatted about the party and then set sail to search for things 'THEY" could do for their day.... Party Time there we went.

 a little sidenote:  I have NEVER hosted a NOT @ home party but being freezing cold in February i am not sure how i could contain all the little indians in my house.... I am nervous about a chosen venue.... how will i jazz it up all superhero like.... So we made, drew and painted banners.... 3 large ones, i had great help..... We painted some superheros to tape to the walls of our to be determined venue..... We loaded down our homemade favor bags with ALL superhero "things"- i had a whole lotta help cutting scraps of paper and drawing....

 I let them chose all the paper products and bit my lip, you CAN do a superhero party cute, right?
They are in fact ONLY 3 and 2
 we searched high and low for age appropriate superhero invitations.... no such luck.  So i called upon a paper wise friend to create some for me.  Score!
 we talked of LOTS of balloons, my littlest lamb LOVES a balloon- similar to a ball- they can have helium or NOT and they are just as exciting in his eyes....


And for fun....we peeked at some hero cakes-  i will do cupcakes for their party and a cake for "THEIR OWN" true birthdays with family.....
My middle baby said 
"oh, they are just getting cupcakes....  Well, my Lolly always made me cupcakes and MY OWN little cake for just me"
And she did.  ALWAYS!  even in her sicker than sick days when he was turning 4, she was THERE (not suppose to be around germ ridden kiddos) and baked for her Charlie bug....
Charlie has been talking of my mom, his lolly, a whole lot lately, i guess she has been on his mind... 
he will call big daddy, A LOT... 
And ask "can we make a garden, just for Lolly?"  And then 
ask "when is Lolly's birthday?" 
 He does NOT chose to talk about it with me, but inside his little head he has grande ideas and memories and has my mom on his little brain most all the time.....it is so sweet and heart breaking at the same time and a bit anger-some too at how she is not here with us, and how much she LOVED her grandbabies...... But i am doing my best not to dwell on the fact she isn't here and try and remember she is somewhere SO MUCH BETTER.... As my monkey says to me "i am NOT GOD & can NOT change things" and  he couldn't be more right!!! sometimes the innocence of a 5 year old puts things into perspective better than an wise old man could.
So the location is to be determined for our party but we have a date in February and i will celebrate TWO of my babies at ONCE....super babies!!!! 
And on our Spring-like weather day, we stayed outdoors ALL DAY LONG.... we ate lunch outdoors not to come in...... And much to my littlest lamb's surprise, our friend got a TRUCK just like theirs from Santa.... HEAVEN!!!!!   (we took our truck & 4wheeler to our big daddy's house for awhile and my BABY can drive these things like nobody's business.... We got a kick out of watching him drive at big daddy's this weekend..... HE is NOT even 2!....the boy LOVES a truck)
And while skimming the mail while keeping these indians safe i was excited to see some of my newest babies in the paper.....

they are big 5 month olds now.....but aren't they sweet?  note to self... must go hold them!

we worked on our golf swing.... 
 the woods are GREAT in the winter... I don't worry about snakes nearly as much and actually let the boys play..... They are one with the woods and it ALWAYS take bribes to get them out no matter how long we have been there....

where was my middle baby you ask?  well.... the question of my life... But i "usually" know the answer... He is quite the "pretty" boy in our family,  i do think he will be a "hunter" as he LOVES to hunt anything but doesn't care to romp in the woods for the fun of it!  He wants to play a sport if outside, not ride anything or "piddle" with nature... baseball or golf seem to be his favorites.
 that being said, he was across the street at home while we were woods bound!
so there is a glance at a wee bit of our past week..... 




0 remarks:

Post a Comment