Monday, January 17, 2011

a dab of THIS & that...

i have been a little m.i.a. lately, sorry readers.... I just have not had anything great & wonderful to share or anything so "drive me crazy" bad to share either,  much like today but i thought i may upset some family members if i didn't post "something" so here are some thoughts of my past 5 days.
  • i had dinner and caught up with some girls, good to do but a little harder when its below freezing outside, agree?
  • came home to what appeared to be a terrible storm which blew RIGHT threw my house throwing toys i have not seen in years in random places and more sippy cups than i knew we had in odd places FULL of what i hope was not milk.... i mean....my littlest lamb said it best "mama... a mess!"  
  • had dinner and play time with our traveling Mimi and all our dearest girlies who i noticed are getting quite big on us, sniff sniff.  This is always a good time for all and always mad crazy!!!  
  • attended An enormous wedding event which my boys always say as we are leaving "mama, you are a princess" "you look so beeeeyoutiful"  (of course i take it to heart and am extremely flattered BUT... does that mean i don't dress up very often or just that they think their mama is a princess?) jury is out;  but i'll take it. remember they also loved me in my glittery Christmas sweater with jingle bells too.
  • I remembered how much i LOVE wedding cake and daddyc remembered how i don't share that well.
  • i may have gone through my spring clothes and the boys to make our list of "needs" for this year and MAY have looked into buying swim suits BUT... in my defense of craziness, TWO of them are SOLD OUT not BACK ORDERD 'til later date but SOLD OUT, never to be stocked and its JANUARY folks... that is crazy and maybe i was NOT early enough..... good grief!!!
  • i may have decided i have waited long enough on my outdoor fireplace and now i really really really need my outdoor "room"....  Daddyc wasn't as thrilled so i called on my own dad, our big daddy, who was in the woods all weekend and shot an 8 point deer.... YES,  this is so exciting for us.... my monkey and middle baby are over the moon to see it and see the pictures as is their dad.... what is it about a dead deer that sends boys my boys into orbit?
  • the potty training is going well, i guess, we have decided we could possibly be in the guiness book of world records with the amount of ground my middle baby can cover.... we decided it's MUCH easier on pretty days to go "outside" and other times go into the stand up shower; although not quite as appropriate......  Any tips are greatly appreciated dear readers?   other than that, we are slowly getting so big (cue a sad song for me)
  • I can NOT believe we have not been to the zoo in months, that is SO not like us and almost grounds for child services considering the amount of times my middle child asks to go...bless him!
  • My biggest baby enrolled in t-ball, gosh, he is so big too... His daddy, daddyc, is going to coach his team... Look out world and start your prayers now that daddyc can hold his patience and remember they are just 5 years old and this is their FIRST year to play ball.... I dread the day i have to tell my middle baby, "you are too little to play ball"
  • The weather was FINALLY DECENT in my deep southern parts, we biked and ran trails we have dearly missed.... Some days i was reminded how my 5 year old can act 2 with the whining and how he talks NON-stop... so long nice quiet, relaxing run... i think i came back with knots in my neck.... No one should have to run 4 miles with an interviewing 5 year old with more questions AND answers than anyone i know..... Good Grief!!! 
  • i may have been making myself moca lattes every single day since Christmas, thank you aunt sue for my chocolate, my swim suits may not be as kind???
  • after spending some time in the boy's playroom, i have come to the conclusion that i really am the ONLY one who plays with the kitchen Santa brought,  don't worry though, i am inviting my niece over this week to play with me, sniff sniff.   I don't regret it though, i STILL think it is edible its so cute and LOVE it!!!!  
  • Have i mentioned i am BACK To dreaming of my outdoor room and fireplace.
  • I HAD ruled out the circus after last year, uuuhhh! and decided we may be an every other year circus goer but am feeling the guilt already and think i MUST take AT LEAST the oldest two boys to see it?? Big Daddy? Mimi?  anyone who would like to take them feel free to speak up?
  • I picked up the beautiful outfits a nice lady made for my boys and am counting the days until we dress "fancy".... will that be Easter?  Nah, i will come up for a reason sooner than later....
  • I watched the Golden Globes and remembered why i would like to attend that big party, the DreSSES... I really really really needed several of them to hang in my closet and then an event to wear them to.......
  • i also remembered my LOVE of dry humor, Ricky Gervais was hysterical to me!  i love the ability to make fun and laugh TOGEtHER about things, isn't it a wonderful thing to be able to laugh at yourself and each other too?  i can't imagine life without laughing at all the dumb things i say and horrid looks i try and pull off and crazy things i have done.... Life is good, God is great, my boys are still crazy!!!!

1 remarks:

catching up emma said...

I'm debating taking the girls {all of them} to the circus on saturday. wade has to work and it might be a way to keep from losing my mind. I'll let you know if we go - if I'm feeling brave I might snag your oldest!
love,
me

Post a Comment