Saturday, January 22, 2011

i think i can, i think i can....

muster up the "e", thats Energy, or shall i say muster up a "better attitude" to pull through the winter months of gloomy-ness, rain, sleet/snow, and the 20 degrees.  
Dear Sunshine, 
Are you there?
Its me,
Amy
Anyway, if you have talked to me in the early days of this week,
 1. i am so sorry for my attitude 
2. the end of the week pepped up and i found some stuff to get into that DID NOT require money
 (that seems to please daddyc and proves easier DONE than said)
we started our week with ANOTHER holiday, followed by a mothers day out day, the boys were over the moon to get to school, me?  i was bored sick without them.... i headed to the dentist (oh the joy! don't you dread the dentist, no reason why- we usually always have good reports but its similar to passing a policeman, you almost always slam your breaks like you have just run a red light, stop sign, or are doing SOMETHING you are not suppose to... or is that just me?) I searched high and low for things to "DO"... paying things.... like a J-O-B and non-paying things (me and the little boys enjoyed the library and were reminded by the elderly lady at the desk "mam, if you could just remind them to use their INDOOR voices" (i ALMOST reminded her, my boys did NOT come with those type voices.....), 
 i worked on our up and coming "superhero party" a bit and then decided ya know, the happiest things in life are children. oh! i really love the company of little ones.  So the latter part of my week was filled with the sweetest most adorable BOYS & Girls and they made my week complete... I highly advise you to do the same if you are in need of curing some BORING winter days, have children who DoN'T like to shop and are TIRED of the grocery store & helping me cook,  
prefer to keep them WELL and not join in the germ fest at your local INDOOR children's locations.
with NO direction in hand... Here is how i made the superhero capes (i have ONLY made some superman, still have Batman to go.....)
1. buy Fleece Fabric, it doesn't fray which is a life saver.
2. i bought just cotton fabric for the symbols so i did buy the fraying glue too
3. i had NO plans to sew so i also purchased the no sew glue to glue the symbols on
4. grosgrain ribbon to tie these capes on little birthday monkeys and super friends who attend

 i LOVE the necks with the ribbon and YES;  i did think about getting the WIDE ribbon and had to remind myself i have BOYS not girls.....


 Cutting the super "symbols" out with dull scissors came close to forcing me to quit this little project and i am the first to admit, i need to keep my day job.... Cape-making is NOT my forte`!


And i told my SELF, the matching is almost over....The one piece outfits are down to ONE baby boy... And polka dots are proving a little "little" for my big spiderman undie wearing middle baby!!! i got that loud and clear but doesn't he look adorable in them ONE LAST TIME!!!
And yes, that would be a batman tee underneath hanging out....cute, freakin' adorable!!!  that was NOT a battle i chose to fight that day or most any day.  
 Yes, the barbershop really should have given us a discount.... Good Grief, why do i continue to go there!!!
boys will definitely be boys and i will take these "extra" boys any day of the week and call them my own.
so on this day, these stinky boys NEVER came inside from school at 12:45...they stayed OUTSIDE.... Then around 4ish, they tore inside "STARVING" and almost "DYING OF thirst", helped themselves (which i LOVE, we are an open house and anything we have is yours, i love for them to come and LOVE for them to help themselves and they know just where to go!) They spent the last hour together inside hand cuffing things to things and middle brothers to doors, and building forts with anything they could find..... 
And all the while, i was mounting superheros to hopefully make them "Stand Up" and pray they don't scare my little lamb's age friends to death!! 2 down and 2 to go.
And on another day, we enjoyed some "girlies"....
i was a little more prepared with our girl guest.   We made playdough, of course we ran out of cream of tarter so the play is going to be VERY short lived.... sorry friends!
I caught myself telling the 5 kiddos "stir gently as not to spill your MIX" then i quickly injected 
"BUT..... IT IS OK if you do... not wanting to stress a girl out or 'cause any tears"
My middle baby made a large mess, i bit my lip and didn't even rush to clean it up.... Self control, see i knew i could do it! 
i even let little baby brothers stay up.... My baby is ALMOST 2 but going on 5 he feels for sure. The end of his afternoon proved to be a little harder to keep up which was very frustrating for him and caused his mama to go out with friends and partake in some wine drinking.   MISS ALLIE kept my babies safe and warm at home... We have missed miss allie!!
 we warmed our playdough, chose our own color, and kneaded it all together!  Success.

the girls made some really creative things.  This angel did a cupcake with SPRINKLE icing no less.
then we decided to build a fire and make some smores.
if you can NOT smile while hosting all these shining happy faces, i wanna know!!  I really enjoyed my day with girls over.

and it just should NOT be so hard to keep up and do "big" kid things... should it?
And on another school-y note:  i could not help my monkey think of ANYTHING for show n tell that started with I-   We came up with i-pod and then i quickly remembered i may not want my workout mix to be disclosed to sweet innocent 5 year olds so i threw that idea out.   We thought of iceman and remembered, we don't own him!   So i thought of ICING and thought of cookies with icing.... So that is what we ended up with.
And AFTER the fact remembered Indian (we have lots of Indians) and Incredibles (which is a superhero type movie) and we also have an incredibles flashlight. Oh well, maybe my brain will be ON next week to help cue my biggest baby.....  cookies worked well this week!!!!!   
Hope your week ended on a warm note filled with little people.   
Actually i hope your week ended like mine WITH BIG people, wine, and lots of laughter, no little distractions,  and then carried on to Out of town friends IN town for yet another night out on the town tonight, i can't wait!!!







0 remarks:

Post a Comment