Tuesday, June 8, 2010

some days...

MOSt ALL days, we really belong here....in a fence full of wild animals!
just a short 45 minutes or so...away from the lake house is PINE Mt., Georgia and right there off the interstate is a wild animal park.  See what you think.  You can load onto a zebra bus or take a risk and drive through in your own car.....we rode on the zebra.  Next you can purchase your animal food to feed the wild animals who come right up into your car- we took 2....very neat experience!
Our big daddy is hiding behind Whitmore in the shadows or shade.  And NO it wasn't in the family plan for Daddyc to dress in red too but WAS in the plan for the boys to wear their sailboat shirts so we went with it.  
my monkey:  "daddy, i think we need our guns to hunt"
ME:  "yes, we do.   This is hunting mama can do too"
Daddy: "well buddy, you can only hunt in the areas......." blah blah blah i feel sure it was a good explanation of how we don't just shoot anything anywhere type thing.


ya think my little lamb had fun?


and pictured below is a ZONY...thats Pony with a Z.  This is Georgia folks, they have mixed a pony and a zebra....but i will be the first to admit its kinda cute! Now GA. lets stick to what we know and put the right animals together from now on please. 


once again, this is a LIGER. That a tiger bred with a lion.   It is pretty and behind a fence too.....Cats are sneaky!
But the TIGER is a smart one if i don't say so myself, i am a little partial to the Tiger, The Auburn Tiger.  Notice she gets the shaded house.  Score.


And while this angel was ALL smiles, he would rather NOT hand feed the animals, just hurl it as hard as he could into their face or side and he would really prefer them not get too far into his window.


and camels must be mean too, they were fenced off


this was mine and my middle angel's favorite, the BABe-BEE pigs...we wanted to steal one to take home, they were very very tiny and we were pretty sure we could clean him up.


Batman was very brave in case you were wondering
And my hornet held tight to his daddy for majority of the ride

And my ALL TIME FAVorITE was the texas longhorn...

and when we ran out of feed for the animals, we fed them cheese curls...
while other babies thought food is really NOT something to share

And i will end with the baby goat....so cute!  Thats all folks.  My week was full and so delightful if i don't say so.  Now back to the basics...Vacation Bible school is going well-  we have a class of 7 boys and a sprinkle of little sweet girls and oh my- there have been many a time when i had to remind myself "we are at CHURCH in Bible School"...  then i made a mental note... No spend the night company forEVER.  only kidding but our class is active no dout and FULL of wildness.  
Dear Director, 
is there any way POSSIBLE for our class to spend more time on the playground?  as our storytime is extremely short lived and caotic.  But not to worry i think they are soaking up the lessons well?????
See what you can do, 
Amy

3 remarks:

The Lilly Family said...

Hey Amy, I came across your blog from a mutual friends page, Erica Cone. We live at the lake in the summer and I would love to know more about this wild zoo! Sounds like a fun thing to do! I'll try to catch up with you at VBS....yes, it's a wild week of fun, but man it's work! Working with the younger ones is tough, there just isn't enough to entertain! Lucky for me I am with some bigger kids this year! It's nice when they get to move around from activities and not be in the room all the time.
Btw, I am really impressed with your blog! It's wonderful! You are so creative! How do you have the time!!!

Dana and Chris Sheheane said...

I know I've said it before, but I seriously LOVE your blog. i don't have much time to look at anything, but when I do...I go to yours. It makes me feel a bit more normal whatever "normal" is! And I am dying laughing at your boy stories. I think God knew I could only handle one! Of course Claire might be the death of me...I'm already feeling the drama. let's please have a playdate. wells really needs to be around a color other than pink! praying for you all the time, Dana

Dana and Chris Sheheane said...

by the way...i forgot to mention how absolutely, positively ADORABLE your boys are. no wonder people call you for photo shoots!! they are so stinkin cute!!

Post a Comment