Wednesday, June 16, 2010

catch 23

thats right!  Blog Readers i just paid a FULL TWENTY THREE dollars thats 2-3 and some change for some cherries.... You know the little round red fruit that is almost too cute to eat.... While i know whole foods is sometimes a little stiff on the prices, their fruit is SO FRESH and yummy and let me be the first to say my cherries were WELL worth 23 dollars.....
tinywhitedaisies:

(via soverypretty, mustanggina)
Its safe to say daddyc's response was..."Cherries?  
Do you like those?  
Have you ever had them?"  
and i answered, and i am sure it was in my sweetest angelic voice..."why yes sweet pumpkin, my mom bought them ALL the time, you engulfed them by the handful too, i am surprised you don't remember (that is a TRUE FACT readers) and would have had more if it weren't for that sticky cherry pit in the middle. Plus my monkey and i love to eat them under the fan on the porch and SINCE I JUST KNEW the babies would enjoy them too, i INVESTEd in a cherry pit remover, located right next to the baskets of cherries" 
Gosh, i am such the consumer, i fall for it every time...but will say,.... it was worth it.  Cherry eating has never been so easy!   
My mom made a cherry pie once a summer, i don't know that she loved them or just liked them or just liked to treat her loved ones with endless amounts of baked goods but her mom made atleast one a year so she continued the tradition and i think it made her think of her mom....while i don't think i will start baking pies,  I WILL eat one and eat lots of cherries and remember my mom buying them for me us and placing them in a colander right next to the sink almost all summer long, as Daddyc may BAN them until the stock market gets back on track and his nerves calm a bit...... I hope you can find an excuse to buy and ENJOY cherries all summer!
Katie Quinn Davies via Dandelion and Grey

0 remarks:

Post a Comment