Monday, June 21, 2010

Happy Fathers Day!

We had a very happy "fathers day"...... we didn't do much and that was the HAPPY part for me anyway.... Daddyc actually did a whole lotta house work, thank you more than you know and our big daddy did a whole lotta yard/house work too... Gosh,
Did we have a  happy fathers day?   
Well, if you have been close enough to hear me run my mouth you KNOW i am so glad all our obligations (pre-signed and paid for camps, etc.) are OVER...rinse and repeat a couple of times.  I am so very ready to relax and enjoy our summer from here out.... So yesterday we had to play catch up from the past THREE weeks of everyday "things" but when the sun went down we gathered as a big family with our big daddy, and baby caroline's family and ours.  NO ONE was excited to see this precious princess.... NO ONE!!!  We chanted her name all day long, counted and ask WAY TOO MANY times when she would get here!!!!!!! Everyone took their turns holding and cuddling....Of course she was snoozing away when she arrived...that lasted....... oh about  5 seconds!  Monkey held her and my hornet SHARED his batman with her..... see it CAN happen!
some of us did get to watch the soccer and golf games....
Dear Soccer teams,
someone win already, i don't know how many more days my nerves can handle that terrible noise makers deal you have going on.....
Are you watching this stuff?

And this one above truly breaks my heart.... After tucking in the CUUU VVAAS (thats covers in my hornet's most southern slang) my monkey uttered
"well, who is going to cuddle with me mama?"
"i will baby, i can't wait, but first i have to get dinner going so we will have something to eat...Give me just a second"
And thats about as long as his eyes made it and i missed my cuddle chance..... I know i will get another this afternoon but i don't wanna miss a ONE and when i must;  it truly breaks my heart.

DaddyC even ask for baby Caroline....
DOES THAT MEAN YOU WANT ANOTHER BABY?  
Or simply that you  love baby caroline?  wink wink.

at a small 6 months old baby caroline is 
sitting up GREAT, crawling around, smiling at everyone esp. her mama and daddy, goes to anyone, loves EVERYONE, likes the social scene, and is just so happy go lucky all the time..... oh and she has the skinniest little feetsies i have ever seen....
Do you want to eat her up?

we braved the 97 degrees as well as we could....
my boys really love and enjoy one another so much.  My middle baby was very sad last week with monkey gone to sports camp everyday.  sniff sniff.  which makes me EVEN MORE sad that his preschool will be everyday from 9-1:00.... While he may quite possibly have the bestest teacher EVER known, his brothers and i will miss him more than words each and everyday.

yes, we have green mouths from INCREDIBLE hulk popsicles... And YES times 3, we have been to the barber shop, i don't know why i EVER tell them "just a tiny trim" 
I think they took over 3 inches off my littlest lamb. Bless him!

We missed my mom no dout..... and my better half, Daddyc, missed HIS DAD too.  Daddyc lost his daddy about 15 or is it 19 years ago.... And i am sad to say, i don't think it ever gets EASY-er....  I find myself clinging to hope that with time, it will get better.... But you have ONE mom and ONE dad and no one ever replaces them, so we are left here on earth missing them like crazy, wondering, missing them like crazy, and trying to carry on our journey.... While i am so sad to say i just did NOT do anything great and wonderful for daddyc as i SHOULD have, and even more sad i didn't have time to share the meaning of fathers day, etc. with the boys.... Monkey spent the night out for the FIRST time, with a friend on Friday night, and didn't come home until late afternoon on Saturday when he took a nap and then Daddyc and I had a social event and a babysitter which left us NO TIME and then
BAM, Its Fathers Day Sunday 
and we haven't even gotten as much as a card. sniff sniff.  Our Daddy's in our world KNOW how much we love them!  But my on top of it, sister in law, dropped daddyc off the best gift EVER...
a picture of His own dad in his younger years

And here is a couple shots of "us" last week....
And when your snack is gone, you do the next best thing
SNATCH SOMEONE ELSE'S
unfortunately for my little hornet, my little lamb is NOT that easy going and i have a slight feeling he "got it back" fair and square.


these two stinky boys spent everyday from 8:30 until 4 together, Spent the night together on Friday and spent all day Saturday together last week.... I know i know... they are missing part of the wrecking crew.... His mama had him in another "camp" so we missed him dearly.  
They like to think they are SO BIG and SO VERY COOL

and then their innocent age of FOUR sneaks up on them and they grab hands and hold tight....


the littlest boys swam everyday, stomped bugs, fought over the swing, did some yardwork....


our furry brothers are hanging mostly inside all day, its just too dog gone hot for them plus one has allergies... laugh now, but i tell no lie!



and just like that, i am going on a camera HIATUS right....NOW!!!  Miss the boys.  I will post other beautiful pictures

And a quick UPDATE:  awhile back i did a cherry post and was reminded how my mom always had cherries in the summer (really always had fresh fruit, ALWAYS!) but cherries stand out.. Anyway, one of her bestest friends responded that she too thinks of my mom and cherries... She reminded me of a time in HER life when she was down for the count with knee surgery and EVERY SINGLE day mom would show up with a bowl full of cherries and a bucket full of some "good" ice, for those of you who have been sick or in hospital you KNOW, Good ice is hard to come by..... She said they laughed and laughed and laughed even harder at the things the pain meds made mom's friend say.... Mom has left the world with some fantastic memories..... She loved her friends and family!  My small family, BIg Daddy, my older wiser brother and myself want to do something so special for this friend of mom's who did anything and everything for her over the past years..... Nothing is perfect enough....I will mention things to our big daddy "no, something special" So any ideas, send them my way!  Oh and think of my mom when you are enjoying your cherries!!!!

0 remarks:

Post a Comment