Friday, November 5, 2010

threes a crowd

in my baby doll's "room" anyway.
so, i have LOVED each and every second looking for my ALMOST 2 year old twin nieces a baby doll to call their own, oh. and i can relate to their biggest sister when she says "she likes ALL her babies, there is NONE to share, they are HERS" i hear ya!!!
The girls are in need of some baby dolls and it is getting close to their BIRTHDAY....
i have been on the hunt for the perfect babies... not just any babies.... (although, there mama says "go to target, walmart, any ole' baby will do)
I thought maybe the bitty baby twins from American Girl Doll selection?  
cute, but i can't feel them in person and some of the american girl dolls have hair, Hair is not a good thing, as that takes away the "babY" look.... 
#1. must NOT have hair....i remember that want too so i can relate
then i thought, maybe they need THEIR first madam alexander doll, Huggums (oh my goodness you were deprived if you didn't host a huggums (who i liked; but wasn't my favorite of dolls) or maybe just maybe baby Victoria (also from the Madam Alex. collection)  (this baby is bald, soft bodied, mine was a "boy" i declared and not VICtoRia but steadman was his name. and i LOVED HIM

 just FYI:  Steadman is here in my house as we speak, upstairs safe and sound in a basket, my middle baby loves babies and i so wanted him to love steadman like i did so i brought him home...... DID NOT WORK, he abuses steadman and won't even look his way... i tried!!!)

Anyway, i have gone around town and internet checking out the corelle dolls at the toy store, saw some cute ones at Costco but have not really had NEARLY enough time to find the perfect ones and Are they too young to want the bottles, remember those? 
when you turned them up it looks like the milk is gone..... 
Remember readers, i have boys and its been a LONG time since i have played with this stuff..... 

SO..... while watching the Auburn game last week Daddyc is clearly tired of me rambling about baby dolls says (we were at big daddy's house) 
"oh look, just give the twins some of yours"
WWWWWWW  HHHHHHH  AAAAAAA  TTTTTTT?????
don't get me wrong i love my nieces more than life ALL 4 of them and counting.... i hope still counting... Dear emily and holly,
can i depend on you? ha.

BUT, i was NOT giving MY babies up..... And on that note i noticed that baby Elizabeth (the big one, there is 2, you will see below) was rocking nicely in a bouncy seat..... right where she belongs
NONE of my babies ever had clothes on, unless it was a footsies outfit.... i still love little soft jammie footies on a toddler or baby of any kind....
So i did what crazy people would do.... I snatched up baby Elizabeth and took her back to my room
No; you are right, i tried to make the boys and our REAL baby caroline play with her first and when they acted so ugly towards her, then i took her up to see her friends....
thats right, i got her dressed first and sat her right next to Lindsey, the nice TAN on, my goodness, she has been to the beach.... I loved Lindsey!!!!
While in the attic for quite some time, lindsey's hair has seen better days... Give her some credit, he has been in a dark box.
oh. and remember these, the "real" babies... they had some weight behind them.... they were heavy, i loved this one too.  Although, i can't recall her name for anything this morning?? poor baby.
all my babies wore REAL diapers too.  See, i have always been baby obsessed.... And would have a MILLION if i could.  this one below was another madam alex. doll, i named her pumpkin???  I see she still sporting my personal hair rubber band..
And right under her in the case is an original ronald McDonald doll that i could make a small fortune with on Ebay but won't.  I don't know if he was mine or my older wiser brothers-  I didn't take to him in the least i don' think.
And here we have "Nathan" as i named him.... He came with a birth certificate, and i vaguely remember getting to chose him from some sort of nursery set up.... I have always been a sucker for blonde and blue eyes... hence the looks of my better half!!!
 And every Christmas i got one collecting doll, not to be played with.  Oh. that was fun, wasn't it?  But i think i still liked getting them??  And we have all the original boxes and papers to go with them.

and in the mix is this guy... Humpty Dumpty....  
A dear dear friend of my mom's son, also Chris, whose older brother John is one of my brother chris' dear dear friends.... wow, thats alot! LOVED his humpty pillow and being such dear friends i guess either Mrs. Nancy or My mom gave me this one thinking i may love him as much as Chris did.... 
I do remember Chris LOVED his humpty, i think i loved mine but its all a little fuzzy these days... But he is still here non-the-less.
there stands HUGGUMS... looking more tattered than ever.  i remember me and my bestest Katie, got huggums together.... I wonder if Katie still has hers???
Also, in the case sporing another one of my carebear rubber hair deals was this girl... 
This was my mom's baby doll... I loved to play with her too...  SO OLD FASHION though, she wore a velvet dress, no-less, i think at one point she had some gloves.....
A SLIP!!! what is that? Some granny panties no dout, and StoCKINGs or knee highs with pointed toes just waiting for some heels.... My how times have changed!!!!
oh and some Earrings.....  and i will admit, girlfriend is quite busty too with makeup on. she was more like BARBIE, who i never took too.  Rinse and REPEAT... I LIKE BABIES NOT BARBIES or big girls... BABIES!!!
Back to my babies.... In 5K i had a crush on Ryan R.  the wonderful thing is Daddyc and i still hang with him 26 years later and i still enjoy his company just as much.... We like to refer to him as "the GodFather" for those who have treated themselves to the movie old school...  I also had a crush on Alex, in 2nd grade (gosh, was i STILL playing with baby dolls... good grief!) and still to this day talk to him often and hang out with him too.... Its like small town livin'  Anyway, the my buddy doll was a cross.... sometimes he was ryan r. (we had 2 ryan's in our 5k class, as not to get confused) and some other times he was alex..... My buddy and me (you know the song!)
And here is BABY elizabeth. so there is a BIG baby elizabeth and a baby baby elizabeth....phew!  
And now that i have everyone back into MY room and tucked away safe and sound with all their limbs in tack, i can further my search for my real life baby girls a baby to call their own.... This is important business and i can only hope they will get HALF the joy i STILL get from my "babies" and no i guess i never really learned how to share all that well..  
Don't mess with my babies!!!!




1 remarks:

catching up emma said...

oh my word - this is the funniest thing that I have ever seen in my life! the picture with the legs and the stockings - pricesless!! I absolutely cannot believe that you still have all those dolls and remember the NAMES!! I was a Barbie girl myself so this whole doll-loving thing is new to me although I did have and very much luv victoria. I did not have a huggums {completely deprived ;)} and my kiddos do not have a huggums so I vote for that one! and if you want to wait until christmas and give all three then I know miss thing would love it too and then that way she won't be telling me that she was deprived in 30 years. completely your call. please have fun this weekend for ME too and I'll talk to you on Monday!

Post a Comment