Monday, November 8, 2010

i DO, do I ?

oh, i for sure DO. 
apparently ANYTHING and EVERYTHING!  yikes.
So i proved a couple things this weekend
# 1. i am NOT too old to act 18..... oh. and neither was my posse by a LONG shot.... (although, i could have peer pressured them into taking shots or LOTS of shots.....And i could have not bounced back the next day like i use-ta could but give me a gatorade and some time.... Then wa la!
i am back in business...

charles says to a dear friend, "hey man, where is my wife?"
"you see the guy playing the guitar, she is about 2 inches from him"

#2.  I knew i loved this crew 10-12 years ago.... Nothing has changed a bit.... Sure, now there are kids and babies.... and that is GOOD.  And has not slowed the roll in the very very least which is the best part. we should have toasted to "never losing who we ARE"....  

#3. I learned to each their own.  Everyone has "something" something happy, somethings sad, a possible "issue"if you will but the best part is how i can overlook all that... And i kinda think it makes me loves this crew EVEN more....like judging a book, NOT by the cover, like knowing almost every page and then some faults someone has and loving them anyway.... Life is GOOD! 
and yes. YES. YES.
ALL WE DO IS WiN WIN WIN no matter what!!!!
And our hands go UP.... And they stay there, And they stay there!!!

bottoms up! Cheers.and i really really really hope you have a group like THis... 'cause all my rowdy friends are FAR FROM settled down.... (well actually thinking over that last sentence or fragment.... some of them have settled down a tid-bit...but its for the best. wink wink)
treats!
 Day of golf.... dinner at club.....

 recovery.....  IV of vitamins and water?
 
look at daddyc in his young frat-tastic years...


 I really wish i could have taken this little man home, what's ONE more????
 we were graced with some of our bestest THE NEXT day.... reason #1 why they are enjoying a toddy and i am holding TIGHT to my gatorade....
 And for a second i thought "the boys would love to see Aubie" but knew they were in good hands... We could not thank our big daddy & mimi for tag teaming them anymore....  we are blessed to have them in town!!!
 we had lunch at the house like old times.... Very yummy!   And sat family style around the table.
Isn't college the best?
 I can't get my FAMILY to sit around the table and eat FAMILY style.... one day!
 And my biggest furry baby, Baylor, was an AU dog.... And if i could have thought straight i would have been sad that he was not there to play.... Auburn WAS what baylor loved the most and was just a wee bit spoiled.... Me and my dog were a package deal, he went EVERYWHERE with me...

 admiring the bricks on the front with all the boys names.
"charles, where is YOUR brick?"
"oh. gosh, those were 100 dollars, but i know my mom paid for one, i think i used it for something else?"
poor boys can't see a brick with their daddy's name on it.....
... line them up....
 some of "us" are just getting back into our "GAME", being pregnant and getting babIES to sleep through the night.... ends up being oh about a year and a half with NO drinking...

POINT BEING: the ole' tolerance is NOT QUITE UP TO PAR.... don't fret, it comes back!!!!
 And i kinda think, all the babies are worth it. wink wink
 we moved to a local fav. spot to watch the bama game
 and yes, we bought tee shirts too!!!
 it was these young lads SIXTH anniversary so we had to celebrate and ON their very FIRST date they shared a "lucky snapper" shot so we thought it ONLY seemed fitting they share another, OH. and share one with ALL OF US too....

thats right cassie, just walk right by them like we don't know them....smart girl.




 nothin. but LOVE
And i came home to my monkeys!  
 where did they go...


there he is...the game that never tires...


we unloaded, cleaned up a bit and played.... then i jumped the chance and felt like it was my birthday.... 
Daddyc and my biggest baby headed out to help his buddy build a tree house, 
my little lamb turned in for a nap, 
i happened to turn the corner and find my litl' hornet face down on the hardwood floor asleep 
(no i did NOT leave him there, i put him  on the couch with a fuzzy blanket) 
THEN i whipped up some warm grilled chicken alfredo pasta, ordered SEX n the CITY 2 (just out) and curled up with my middle baby to ENJOY, 
it was pure total BLISS!!!! i wish you the same.  
Happy Monday!


1 remarks:

Stewart Coxwell said...

Oh Amy I LOVE this post! It brings back so many wonderful memories of AU and living in my apartment on top of Toomer's! I miss that wonderful place!

AND...that composite pic brings back another memory. I met Andrew Perrault (his face is in the pic) at the SAE house at a band party my freshman year and when I said my name he said "Your name is Stewart??? That is the ugliest name for a girl I've ever heard!!" Poor little embarassed me somehow managed to keep it together without crying! So many fun memories of that place!

Post a Comment