Sunday, January 3, 2010

i bid adieu to you 2009

yes, i guess i am still good-bye'ing to you and yours and the whole darn year all together.    I am sitting here, you like that....i'm  SITTING HERE, READ IT AND WEEP (because on a normal day in the life, i would be!) but today..... The 'big daddy" in our lives, my dad (my everything, who is holding up just fine these days minus a little pulled muscle in his back) came to keep the lil' hornet (who by the way, we had SELF diagnosed with h1n1, fever virus, croup, crazy-ness etc. etc. (no, he had NO signs, just MADNESS) to find out after church (which is why my sweet dad came, to keep him so that me, daddyc, and my monkey could go to church (i left the lil' lamb home with him too, just to save miss tracy the extra baby in the nursery)  The hornet  is 100% HEALTHY, (i shuttered in disbelief when i heard) not a darn thing wrong.  shoot! HE IS THAT BAD Y"ALL! and we love him to pieces.....i don't know why??) Anyway, so after a FULL house of a sunday school class, that i must admit- DaddyC & I had a big class and STILL taught our lesson with MOST the kiddos learning a little something i hope?  Lord knows, they didn't enjoy music today.
Dear Mrs. Suzanne,
i don't think the kids need to learn "we three kings in latin" lets stick with "away in a manger and Jesus loves me" okay. i am just sayn'
Now that we have cleared that mishap up.  After Church, daddyc ran the hornet to our drs. office (they made a special sunday appt.- i knew i LOVED my dr.) And daddyc you know i love you punkin' but folks the ONLY reason my better half took this wild child to the dr. is so that he could bid ADIEU to the four of us and take to the woods for the day!  (oh. and because he is one of the only two other people who love the lil' hornet.  I am not judging y'all, he is that bad- we will work on him!)
Dear DaddyC,
sitting in the woods 20 degrees out + NO ONE to talk to + no ME (enough said) + no KIDS (you are right, I SHOULD HAVE GONE TOO) + nothing to do but stare into the trees + a drive there and long drive back = so not fun but whatever but on another note...
no kids + no wife nagging about housework + no errands + no boys begging to throw a ball, pretend "hunt", play chase, hide n seek, guns, etc. + no baths to give + no one to feed snacks, dinner + a nice long QUIET drive to hear yourself think x two = a really nice afternoon (daddyc, you get smarter everyday)
Anyway, after church as expected my monkey headed out with his big daddy to check on lolly, who is having a not-so-peachy day (she has those, we expect those, and more than anything wish they would just "go away" forever) but she never lets on...... Back to the day, monkey and  big daddy- GoNE DaddyC and lil' hornet- gone to doctor appt. so me and my little lamb took ourselves to the grocery store.....  So we all met back at home, tucked away are groceries, daddyc built me a fire, i put BOTH babies down for naps and for the FIRST time in a LONG time i sit... I tried to watch a girly movie by the fireside but just couldn't sit, and couldn't help but come "bloggity blog" and thinking about Good Bye-ing to the past year and wishing for a very organized (if you know me you are rolling eyes and laughing at me or with me....i will take either and don't mind) but i have A thing for everything organized..... I got to go to lolly's and go through her closet yesterday, OUT with some really really old (and things i could have really worn for tacky christmas party too, shoot!) and IN with the new (i got to take her credit card and shop for some new too)   We have lolly fixed up for now.  I wish i was there to pick her clothes out instead of big daddy (but i admit, he has mom looking pretty darn good most days)
SO, i have everything in the house back to square one, i am really looking forward to normalcy starting tomorrow, no mothers day out yet and i am okay with that, speaking of mothers day out
Dear moms of these sweet angels,
If your most precious baby has a runny nose, fever, looks funny (in a sick way), seems out of sorts from the normal, has a sibling with stomach bug, flu, etc. or is less than 24 hours of being sick
PLEASE keep them HOME or heck, call me (i will make you look my number up but...LOVE to take them) , i will take them to the playground, library, my house, SomEwHERE to play but will totally and FuLlY blame YOU if my most precious babies get sick. Phew! now that we have that cleared up and i KNOW i can trust you moms, keep those angels home if they need a day of extra TLC, they grow up fast and you will miss them! and i will like and respect you more too. (and don't you want that. oh wait. you don't care what little ole' me says. shoot!) worth a try.

 but as of tomorrow somewhat of a schedule no less, i am not "THAT" mom who runs the house by a day to day schedule and i would like to think i am somewhat spontaneous and can "fly by the seat of my pants" at the drop of a hat but folks..... I admit, i like breakfast to be served and cleaned up, and me dressed, clean/dressed boys, dogs water full, fed, and snuggled in their beds on cold days out in
the sun on warm days, inside again on hotter days, a clean house and out the door by 9 a.m. oh. and with three snacks and three sippy cups (with labels, that are NOT wrinkly and faded that boldly read the boys' names), diapers and wipes for all kinds of uses in a bag that clearly shows our monogram, our name, or the one i have been using just has an adorable "S" for Smith-  Then after a workout (which has been put by the WAYside since the boys were sick),  the day is the boys..... we can do whatever their little hearts desire, as long as they don't whine and cry or fuss, we are having fun!...... There is no nap TIME but always a nap, no daily routine but always an activity, and always family dinner around 5:30 (i know that grosses some of you out, but folks if i don't feed these animals by then, they are helping themselves to snacks, and whatnot JUNK and then won't eat a normal dinner...... I am yearning for this normalcy just written about more than you know.  I am behind on my date nights during the week with daddyc, and weekend rodeos that leave me thinking "i've felt better but had too much fun and usually leave me reminding daddyc of a story over and over again and again.   Christmas holidays always throws me for a loop, that, and sick kids- so with NO christmas, NO sick kids....  Hello 2010.  So far, daddyc has planned a "boys" vegas trip in the spring, a family beach trip with my family for dads 60th (no date set yet), begging me to go skiing or find a way for us to go SOON, anyone in? anyone want our boys? and he got out of going to a family wedding already, planned a supperclub lake weekend trip and is about to start planning a "bankers Ball' reunion for us and our wildest college crew. Look Out New Orleans, I don't think they can handle us when we are old.  No, wait.... i don't think we can handle new orleans now SINCE we are old. but i am NO QUITER and am more than, rinse and repeat, MORE THAN READY!  This is a SAE formal fellow readers, yes, apparently we ARE hanging onto our greek college days and friends tighter than ever and longing for those kind of fun nights you NEVER remember with friends you can NEVER forget!!!!   So hopefully you are living like daddyc, it sounds like he is doing something right?  I need to get on "my" plans, huh?

I hope for you that tomorrow STARTS or re-starts a good year, rejumps your zest for life, helps you realize "it really doesn't matter and its SO WORTH IT", a just "DO IT" kind of attitude,  I hope you can "give them something to talk about", go out on a limb to have fun, risk what it takes, laugh til you cry, love your better half, i hope your kids start off the year laughing, loving, learning, i hope your marriage is full of love, i hope you get to go skiing when i won't get to (wait. yes, thats right, no jealousy here...go on! and when my babies are bigger i will go every year and rub it in YOUR FACE.  kidding. only kidding.back to the starting the year off NICE.... one comment at a time. Happy New Year Again. mine will start tomorrow and i WON't be blogging.


0 remarks:

Post a Comment