Sunday, January 10, 2010

baby its cold outside...

well, I guess i can't let go of the baby LOVE or the LOVE of all things baby i guess is a better way to word that...... i do miss a nursery in my happy home, kinda???  i didn't do one for my littlest lamb in this house due to lack of energy, i wanted a room that he could grow into so to speak without me having to re-think and re-do (or spend more money in better words) so he kinda has a big boy room at the mere age of 9 months.  He was brought home to the "rental" house, a pack n play in the DEN is what this angel slept in for SIX MONTHS....Bless him over and over again!  Great thing is: He doesn't mind a bit!!!  Greater thing: my house feels somewhat uniform without a whitish, pastel-ish room in the mix.
Anyway, i have been thinking nursery and baby due to the amount of pregnant friends i have and thought i would share my findings with you incase you TOO are nursery idea hunting.....
some good color palettes..
these are Lowes...Martha Stewart Colors

A sweet cream/white that could turn slightly pink with white and brown/gray accent colors. This would be good in a girly nursery that has a lot of florals, pinks and white.

This combination is VERY soothing. Bleached Driftwood is a non-color color, a very light gray/blue/brown with a calm green/blue accent strip and a white accent color too. This combination could be used in so many rooms...I would love to see the Bleached Driftwood on the walls and the blue color MS313 on the ceiling... PERFECT!

Love this for a girls room.. Deep charcoal with a very light milk chocolate accent-MS174 and a very pale pink accent as well- YUM!





















via spearmint baby 
Kinda a mod baby look? 



via holly mathis interiors (simple and expected, agree?) but sweet
serena2 (Large)
via serena lily catalog 2010
i like this....Very calm and fresh looking....Can you tell i am down and OUT with pastel-ish.  My nursery was always the palest powder blue, with white bunny finials on the white wood rod, sheer linen window treatments, bunny lamp with polka dot shade, a cream/blue striped chest (thanks big daddy!) with crystal knobs (thanks Lolly!) this still exists in my monkeys room, a bunny toile rocker, white shag rug: with monkey, i had a changing table with storage baskets, with my lil' hornet i had purchased antique twin beds that i upholstered and made into a daybed (i musta known he would be a little hornet, huh? and daddyc and i took turns sleeping in this angels room for THREE months straight- he was a tummy sleeper and we worried about him dearly!) We also had a piece with knobs to hang gowns and pretties from.  That about sums it up!  So i am exploring on someone else's credit how i WOULDa, COULDa, SHOULDa done my lil' lambs!  i would dig up the ole photos of my nurseries but don't feel like it....

via once upon a time, B'ham, AL  
I LOVE LOVE the monogram on this precious baby's roman shade!
Orion's Opulence
and i really LOVE




Bonne Nuit Crib
via posh tots 
and for a mere 3 thousand, this beau can be YOURS? worth it? YES, look at it! Cribs last forever, my babies slept in the same crib my mom, her sisters, their kids and now mine all slept in.  DO IT!  if you can.
Click Image to Close
via posh tots
I think i really like this one...Kinda a grown up take?
Alexandria's Lullaby
I REALLY REALLY LOVE these stripes on this wall. 
Dear Friends of mine.... Do you remember my old stripe powder room in our first house? I still would love that.  My dad is thanking his lucky stars i haven't wanted to do that AGAIN. i love this rug too! 
okay, readers.... DaddyC is home and out of the woods so i will go get some words in before my boys awake to find him!  Hope your weekend was warm and cozy and full of happiness!








LR13



0 remarks:

Post a Comment