Wednesday, November 11, 2009

bright lights, big get away

image 1434184051-3
need to be here... you and me, daddyC and a bottle of wine!

oh and maybe a chef, a good beat, & a babysitter.


TODAY...  humor + faith = recovery.  i spent the day (early part anyway) in the comfort of my mom and brother yesterday.  it was nice to chat with mom, i do catch myself from revealing the norm for our conversations due to her great amount of worry for others.... and my incredible need to tell  her all in bold true colors all of my thoughts on this and that.  so i held a little back and dished a lot!! i guess you could say we enjoyed a good time in bad times.  while skimming through her mags she has yet to read i ran across a couple of things.... i say skim with a slight slant because it was hardly a skim, holding a hungry, tired baby, throwing in something yummy in hopes of mom eating a little lunch, dad blowing the phone up all the while to check in, and while watching the clock so that my lil' indians are not the last to be picked up from school on this down-pouring day... anyway, so i read a title here and there that caught my eye or a quote rather.... "the only way to see rainbows is to look through the rain" darn!, we are expecting 6 inches, how the hell am i going to look through that?  then i glanced at mom's current daily readings and saw in bold GOD IS IN CONTROL and i sighed a big sigh....phew....good thing someone is in control of this-i am sure not (and i hate that.... if only i could do it all!)  Dear Santa, could you also bring me 6 more hours in my day? oh and maybe a super power too...i have been really good for the most part!! and i left with the one standing out in my head
"worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy" 
so i go now and try not to worry about mom, hope God is in control, and do my best to look for rainbows!!! (although, i will say while babies napped my monkey and i played outside in the rain and jumped in puddles- oh and watched that cute little pink pig but never saw a rainbow....dear God, am i looking too hard?)


0 remarks:

Post a Comment