Thursday, March 31, 2011

a hot southern MESS....

our day to day life is simply stated
A HOT SOUTHERN MESS.....
yes, we made our dentist appointment ON TIME this morning by 8 am., no less, i had to wake up some babies and swoop them out the door with breakfast on the fly (all three good reports yet again, phew!), to school ON TIME,  to my workout class ON TIME.... and kids picked up a bit early... I mean,  Amen!!!!  

My ONLY complaint today is the darn weather... i am cold, its 46 degrees, my boys are outside, i wish to be outside with them,   i need sun in the worst way, and dammit my flowers may DIE from the cold.  just sayn'!

On more positive notes:  I get a niece to play with today, i can't wait!!!  The boys are pumped to see their oldest cousin and i can't wait to see her shining face.  i may or may not take some pics. of them playing, jury is still out... If i were a betting girl i would bet NO, remember its cold and i am un-motivated to say the very least.
Oh. And speaking of betting....gambling, whatever!  i may have witnessed Daddyc and the boys playing poker or "their" version of poker, yes, betting and ALL.... 
Is it too early to start gambling if your child can't read yet??? you decide.  
Yes, the house was somewhat tame, i didn't open my mouth i just focus on my "show" at the time. i rarely watch tv, very rarely, maybe one show a week..... so when i get a chance i TAKE IT!!!!  
incase you are wondering... I really miss my mom!  i miss her each and everyday,  i always will.  
I love this quote above and i also love the song 
"i'm goin' straight to hell, just like my mama said".....
 It seemed fitting for me growing up, although, i never got into trouble-  my mom was such a cheerleader, shy, soft spoken soul, i think she ALWAYS worried i would, as i flew by the seat of my pants!!!!  She liked to claim " i was born SET ON GO" and if i was born set on go... My older wiser brother was set in FAST FORWARD-  its safe to say our children get it honest.
i loved that she knew EVERYTHING, that she kept NOTHING from my dad, that my friends felt the need to tell her EVERYTHING that was going on in their life, that my best friends would always say "when i grow up, i want to be a mom like your mom" (i was am so proud! and that my friends always wanted to stay at my house on the weekends.... (even though i would be asleep by 10 pm) 
Long post short....  
I guess the cold is ok and mama said there will be days like this.

2 remarks:

Carol Ann said...

Amy,
I miss her, too.

Erica said...

:( I know you will always miss her. I can't help but think it is not fair. Screw cancer!

Post a Comment