Monday, March 7, 2011

oh happy day!

cloudy, COLD, yucky outside, have i mentioned FREEZING...
i also failed to mention it is my mom's birthday tomorrow... 
My first March 8th (tomorrow) NOT to be able to talk to my mom, or not be able to "HEAR" her voice rather.... While i will admit, i feel like 
doing a little bit of crawling onto the couch and closing up shop like this furry guy...
i WILL NOT...
 I will attend a luncheon & fashion show... 
GEARED towards GRANDMOTHERS no less (what timing!), 
and work and try and help all these other tired mamas realize how extremely lucky they are to have their moms there to obsess over how adorable THEIR grandbabies are; all fancied up and how lucky their babies are to have THEM as a grandmother.  
My mom was a born grandmother!  
but i will not dwell and be sad
RINSE & REPEAT 
and will remind myself what a wonderful place my mom now lives in.....
Happy Birthday Mom, i miss you like crazy everyday

I hope your mom and daddy throw you a big ole' 60th up there.
oh and i promise to sneak over to the cemetery and plant some seeds/bulbs... I know i know, the RULES SAY...yadda yadda yadda
 But come on, i was never one to follow the rules and i can't imagine flowers not being close to your name as i know you are NOT THERE!!!  
This year me and your sisters and some friends are giving you a golf tee sign to raise money for Breast Cancer Foundation of Alabama, i know you'll greatly appreciate it and show us your thanks by saving and keeping watch over others... 
i can't wait to see your name in the book and on the golf course!!!!  
Thanks to those who have already donated in my moms memory for this needed cause!!! 

2 remarks:

catching up emma said...

oh Amy, I will be praying for you and your sweet family tomorrow!
love,
emily

Anonymous said...

Jeanne was and is our Saucer Sister. We shared much of life together through Bible Study each Wednesday at my house for many years. I know tomorrow will be a hard day. We miss her still. We named ourselves Saucer Sisters because our cup runneth over and so we drank out of the saucer. Jeanne was so proud of her family and just nuts over those grandchildren and felt blessed to overflowing because of each of you. I will be thinking of you tomorrow. I will be thinking of my sweet friend tomorrow.
~Vicki Brannon

Post a Comment