Wednesday, December 1, 2010

'tis the season

the ADVENT season... my favorite part of Christmas is the lighting of each candle at church on the advent wreath..... it goes along with my love to check things off my to-do list, get things organized & clean, and OPEN each day of our home ADvenT calendar in great anticipation of CHRISTMAS... 
like me, my biggest baby (who informs me daily just this week, he is NOT a baby, and which i say back "you are all three MY babies and always will be") LOVES the idea of opening the daily Advent Calendar day.... he has ask me every day since i placed it on the countertop..... Yes, of course, my MIDDLE child has already pulled a chair up and climbed ONTOP of the counter to pull himself out a piece or SEVEN of the candies tucked away inside each little DAY......   
Do you have a calendar?  I will photo ours in our Christmas post but for now.... here are some too cute ones!! 
FIRST DAY OPENS TODAY




And do  you home-make your neighbors and friends gifts?   For some reason i love to bake and make things for my neighbors and gifts..... I love the boys to help me.... They love to SOMETIMES stir the pot but really do NOT love to help me, sniff sniff.  I say each year i am going to snag my oldest niece to play with me in the kitchen one day, THIS YEAR may be the YEAR!!!!
Pumpkin Chocolate Cheesecake Bars - Holiday Dessert
i have yet to decide what i am making.... but i do have my oh-so-cute boxes and tins.   
Happy 1st day of December.... I hope you have made your list and have time to check it twice.... so much to do SO VERY LITTLE TIME to do it!!!

0 remarks:

Post a Comment