Sunday, October 16, 2011

cut the cord

already.... 
So, i was BACK up at my biggest baby's school... with a special snack... A witch hat to eat.
I was rusty or green in the ways of organized to say the very least.  Totally forgot the cute halloween paper products and anything fun that went with our fun snack.  Just the basics this time.  come on self, pull it together!!!!

he has a large amount of most all BOYS in his class. say a prayer for their teachers, atleast they have TWO of them!!  And i always like to pry.... (a teacher WORST NIGHTMARE) so in a moment i ask "is charlie "good" at school?"  LONG Awkward pause....really regretting the question, the assistant teacher replies.
"well, he is NOT perfect" 
"but hey, you would NOT want him perfect believe me". (true statement from teacher at hand)
I almost told her, he WAS perfect and that he just graduated from kindergarten then and there and waltzed right out, but i am from the south so i just said (WITH A SMIRK AND SMILE) 
"uh oh!" "is he BAD?"  
"um, No, he is actually really good and such a sweet kid, nice to all his peers!"
sigh of relief from me, his mom.  
But really really thinking deep down she read my face and told me what i wanted to hear.  
As i carried my 6 year old down the hall to the next scheduled event i was floored thinking how independent the kids are and how UN-assisted they are in "BIG" school.  WOW!  i am truly amazed they are all still with us but i guess its time to cut the cord and realize they aren't going to drop everything and tie my little boy's shoes when he just "doesn't feel" like doing it, because heavens to betsy, he is tired.  Help a baby out!!! And they are not going to carry his lunch tray OR clean up after him.....  And they (teachers) think they need a raise, huuuummmm!!!!  (only kidding teachers out there reading this)
 our treat of a snack.  witches hats?  simple. good, they liked it.  Score.


one of our new besties.  And they both have "girlfriends" so they say, which cracks me up....i am NOT encouraging this AT ALL.... believe you me..... good times.

0 remarks:

Post a Comment